• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loaded for Bear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron LaClair

In Rembrance
Reaction score
I drew a bear tag for late September and this is what I'm using. .62cal Jager by Jud Brennan, an original side X side .69cal pistol,(backup), a Longknife by Matt of ML Knives and a buffalo skin bag and buffalo horn by Jim Smith. (Beaverman).

Bear_Medicine.JPG

That's a great setup. A .62 would be good bear medicine. I've only used a home made .50 flintlock, but it puts 'em down cleanly. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I hope you get a great bear cant wait to hear and see pics of the hunt!!!!

Best of luck on the hunt-midwest bear is my favorite game meat. I'm originally from MN. The Bear around here (NC) have a different taste, too many acorns I think.

Great looking setup nwtf longhunter last bear season in WV I buried a 125 grain magnus broadhead in one with a shrew bow :wink: , but what you got there will probably work too.

Back