• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lip Balm as patch lube?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendjoseph

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My wife got me a stick of lip Balm called Chicken Poop. Comes in the same tube as chapstick. It's Avacodo oil and bees wax. I wonder if I could use it as patch lube?

He, he, he -- WHY NOT - almost everything else has been used :grin: .

Chicken Poop Balm is not designed to cure chapped lips ,,, "but" prevent them ,,keeps you from licking them !!!!!

Sure, that lip balm would work. Its probably 100 times more expensive than making your own version from bee's wax ( one part) and olive oil (seven parts)

Not only that, your patch lube would work for treatment of chapped lips. I use my patch lube frequently for a variety of applications.

I will report back with the results. I smelled it, I will only be using it as patch lube!

Probably work better for tooth paste! Chicken poop has grit in it. Real good for the bore. :haha: :doh:

It's got five ingredients in it:
Avocado oil
beeswax
jojoba oil
lavender essential oil
sweet orange essential oil

Which oil is gritty? :hmm:

When I am hunting I use Chapstick to lube the paper on my Paper Patched bullets. Some might think it is expensive but here is the fact. It shoots same point of aim as any other lube. And it is in a convenient tube to dispense. It costs about a buck. How can you go wrong? Ron

Its probably the beeswax ,it didnt get cleaned right.My wife uses these in her soap makin so thats what she said. Curt

C.C. If you Google Roxanne Quimby (Berts Bees) and read the history of the thousands of acres she has purchaced and closed to traditional usage in Maine you may have second thoughts about supporting this product. NOT a popular subject up here. I would sooner use Chicken _ _ _ _ !

I am convinced that there is absolutely no end to the number of things that have been, and are being, used to lube patches. Chicken Poop lip balm would just be one more and who knows, it ought to work just fine. Keep us posted.

R.I.Jerolmon said:
C.C. If you Google Roxanne Quimby (Berts Bees) and read the history of the thousands of acres she has purchaced and closed to traditional usage in Maine you may have second thoughts about supporting this product. NOT a popular subject up here. I would sooner use Chicken _ _ _ _ !

My statement wasn't meant to endorse Burt's Bees but rather beeswax.
Roxanne sold the company to the Clorox company in 2007 so buying it now would benefit Clorox. Reason enough to complain on its own.
If she wants to take the billions she made and buy land with it to preserve it .....more power to her... Seems like you should be mad at the person who sold her the 120000 acres.

Canada leased millions of acres of boreal forest to the oil companies to be destroyed. Seems like a bigger crime to me. :idunno:

Back