• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LH GPR Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REX

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I haven't posted for a while, been RVing around the US, but now I'm back making smoke. :thumbsup:
Have a question, has anybody installed a LYMAN 57GPR sight on a LH GPR, I'm thinking of installing one but wonder if it will interfere with the operation of the cock.

rex (westcoastBPgramps)

Before I bought the sight, I asked Lyman if it would interfere with the hammer and they said their peep sights work with left and right hander GPR's.

I bought it, and voilá, it works with my southpaw GPR. Installation of the peep is easy, but the globe front sight (even with the proper metric dovetail) is hard to get in without the right tool. So I let the gunsmith do the front sight.

As my eyes also go south, this peep sight helps a lot, albeit not "period correct". As I don't do competition or Rendezvous, I don't care.

thanks RobW :thumbsup:, I'm having the same eye problem (old age) but didn't want to spend the money and not have it work.
Rex (westcoastBPgramps)

Back