• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lever action percusion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite the gun! We use them up here on our squirrels, all the time :bull:
Is that a dollar coin at the muzzle?
That bore must be 1" or better.
I would guess the key is to keep the chamber locked when loaded?
Thank you for showing.
Best Regards
Old Ford

Looks like a quarter to me but thats still a good squirrel gun :rotf:
Fox :thumbsup:

Was that spare rear sight screwed to the side? Also id you notice the rear tang has a set up for a lollipop sight?

Thank you for posting by the way.

I'm not sure what that is on the side. Whatever it is , it has one on both sides. Maybe for some kind of rest? The barrel appears to be swamped. I have no idea about the load or projectile, but I think you pull the pin to unlock the chamber. Work the lever down, insert ball and charge, maybe a paper cartridge, then close the action, put the pin back in, cap the niple and fire. A lot to do when facing an elephant!

a lot to do when facing half a dozen hungry squirrels after your nuts.... :redface: :redface: :redface:

It apparently takes a bullet type projectile with nubs on it to engage the rifling. Looks like a serious piece of artillery that kills at both ends.

Many Klatch

My guess is it would take a belted ball like a Brunswick rifle, I think they were about .70 caliber. Those holes on either side look as though the rifle could have been used with a swivel mount, maybe from a Howdah(?).

That's not a dollar coin, it's a 50 states commemorative quarter (I have one in my collection) :wink:

It does look like that key-like object would fit thru the holes in the stock and breechblock as an extra measure of security.

Bluejacket

Hawken meets Marlin! Gotta love it! That has got to be the most interesting set up.....definitely ahead of it's time. Now if they had only made one for hunting instead of as an artillery piece.... :grin: Surviving an elephant charge with that would only be marginally better than being made into elephant toe-jam. :rotf:

The LOP looks realy short , mabe it's made to be fired with a tree agaist the but :haha: F.K.

Latest posts

Back