• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One of those rare deals that just don't happen often.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently I was in the market for a new muzzleloader so I had been looking on the internet for the best bargain. I pretty much knew what style firearm I wanted and after checking prices and looking on the auction sites for something I had narrowed my decision down to the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken Rifle or possibly a used rifle sporting at least two barrel under lugs and wedges and a nose cap. I had just missed a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle at a really decent price although it was a .50 cal. And I wanted a .54 Cal.

Anyway, I was just about ready to pull the trigger so to speak on a new Pedersoli RMH on a famous sporting goods company website we are all familiar with but I thought I would check one last time on one of my favorite gun auction sites. At the very end of the list was a new post about a new unfired Pedersoli RMH that had a cracked butt stock. The individual that had the rifle for sale had posted a photo of the cracked butt stock which showed a crack at the toe of the crescent butt. I realized as soon as I saw the photo that it was an easy fix.

I could not believe how low the individual’s by-it-now price for the rifle was. I first thought he was just trying to sell just the stock until I read the description of the item being sold and I realized it was for the entire firearm. I couldn’t click on the buy-it-now link fast enough.

I received the rifle today and immediately undertook making the repair. I now have a new unfired perfectly good Pedersoli RMH and I acquired it for less than half of what they sell for anywhere. It may not have the fanciest curly Maple stock but, man, was I in the right place at the right time on this one! :)

]Link[/url]

]Link[/url]

DSC02649-1_zpswcssbn8w.jpg
[/URL][/img]

]Link[/url]

I know that rifle and know where you got it! You're very fortunate that I didn't pull the trigger on that deal myself!! I was definitely on the very verge of doing so. If it wasn't for me already owning a Pedersoli RMH I definitely would have. I myself was only a fingertip away from hitting that Buy Now button.
BTW: You did a good job on the repair and you have yourself a very nice looking Hawken my friend! :thumbsup:

Respectfully, Cowboy

Cowboy,

I almost hesitated because as stated in my original post I wasn't sure if the sale was for just the stock or the entire rifle. I am sure glad I got there before you did. It has turned out to be one of the best deals I have fallen into in a while. :grin:

Back