• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead could dissolve a marriage

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmmm .... you don't know women? They think they own everything. (That sort of comes along with they know everything).
What's hers is hers and what's mine is hers. 🤣

My wife is currently in Tampa visiting her sister for a week. Sunday night trash goes out. Guess what I will be doing Sunday.
She will never know.
You might be better off spending your Sunday ice skating on a deep pond with thin Ice 🧊 !

😄 😄 😄
Ya, no kidding. I was engaged once to a very nice woman, to whom I proposed a "mine, yours, ours" solution to our income and our assets, and it wasn't accepted as a viable solution. Needless to say, matrimony didn't ensue.

I guess I’m much better off then most. In our 52 years she has never touched anything on my work or reloading bench. If she does find things on the floor and will say “what the hell is this” rather then tossing it in the garbage. So that is a point in her favor. However, I also do a lot of the cooking because I enjoy it and I keep all the spices in two cabinets in alphabetical order! I know just a little OCD…but do you think she could the put spices back where she found it rather then just putting it back in any empty spot. So she loses a point. So I guess, it’s a wash. Yep, it could be a lot worse.

Friendly note to the Ladies...If a Man has lived alone in the same place for more than thirty years, his things are placed just where they should be regardless of how you think it looks.
I was a hermit with my dog on an island (without any neighbors for 9 months a year) for close to thirty years. I had my boats, house, barn, shop and guns right where and how I liked them. Then I got married, WOW! What a transition... for both of us. I guess I'll keep her (of course, I can't afford not to) but it can be down right vexatious when she decides try to "organize" my stuff.

You might be better off spending your Sunday ice skating on a deep pond with thin Ice 🧊 !
I’ve done this many times before. The trick is do little by little. we have/had a closet piled with useless blankets that we ‘might’ need some day. I cleaned out most of it. 2 years later she still hasn’t opened the door. Knick knacks, remove very gradually. They don’t notice.

I was a hermit with my dog on an island (without any neighbors for 9 months a year) for close to thirty years. I had my boats, house, barn, shop and guns right where and how I liked them. Then I got married, WOW! What a transition... for both of us. I guess I'll keep her (of course, I can't afford not to) but it can be down right vexatious when she decides try to "organize" my stuff.
Even though my "bunker" is separate from the rest of the basement, and there is no reason whatsoever for anyone but me to go in there, she will say "why don't you organize those benches and clear out some of the clutter". I told her what you refer to as clutter are vital items that all serve a purpose. I even went so far as to offer to let her blindfold me and I'll stand in front of either bench and retrieve any item she calls out. My next step is to install a deadbolt.

It's rare but there are couples who have come "more together" by sharing a hobby. Rare but it does happen.

Last edited:
Back