• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Le Mat pistol on Pawn stars now

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about that. I'm kinda hooked on it. My Dad on the other hand does'nt like either.

Stumpkiller said:
Still not worth watching Pawn Stars.

i shut my TV service off about a year ago but i still remember this dog turd of a show. its shows like this that made me turn my TV service off.

Ive always wanted on, but for the price..I can buy a more useful rifle.

I'll keep pining i guess.........

No, they did'nt shoot it,they offered 10,000, but the guy wanted 12,000. It was a .42 caliber with a .20 gauge barrel under the revolver. They said only 2900 were made. I had never heard of it.

The La Mat was designed in New Orleans but due to lack of industry and raw materials they were produced in France and brought through the blockade. Early productions were made of good material as Jeff Davis had one presented to him and J.E.B. Stewart had 2 in his saddle holsters. There were not many made as the cost in production and the metal used on later productions was questionable at best and possibly blow up in the shooters hand.

He might not have good body mechanics but he hit a target with a 'hand cannon' that was fired with a fuse on one episode.
The guys told him he couldn't hit a target with the smooth bore monstrocity and he showed them he could.

I like Chumley. He is the comic relief of the show. IF he would loose some weight and get in shape he might not die at 45 of a heart attack.

I have watched the show a few times, but dont care for the owners they are typical ripoff artists trying to get something for nothing. The socalled experts they bring in always rule in favor of the shop owners and not realy the customers. There was a guy who brought in a papered Colt Walker revolver, and they told him it was a fake. but still offered him 4k for it. I would never trust a pawn shop owner to pay even close to actual value.

flintlock75 said:
I have watched the show a few times, but dont care for the owners they are typical ripoff artists trying to get something for nothing. The so called experts they bring in always rule in favor of the shop owners and not realy the customers. There was a guy who brought in a papered Colt Walker revolver, and they told him it was a fake. but still offered him 4k for it. I would never trust a pawn shop owner to pay even close to actual value.
Pawn shop owners of course can't pay actual price :youcrazy: they have to make a profit to stay in business. They probably have to at least come close to doubling the price they pay to pay for employees, rent or store payments,power bills, insurance and all the other stuff invovled in runnng a business. :slap:

I saw where a Colt Walker is worth 500,000.00, a copy would be a couple hundred.

Drago said:
I saw where a Colt Walker is worth 500,000.00, a copy would be a couple hundred.

A Colt Walker sold at a Julia auction in 2008 for $920,000.00 inclusive of a $15,000.00 buyers premium.It was issued to a Texs Ranger private later killed in the Mexican War.

I saw an unmarked possibly genuine Walker several years ago offered at $5000.00. The owner had shown the gun to a numer of experts on Colts and Walkers in particular but had been unable to secure authentication. I don't know what happened to the gun. :hmm:
Tom Patton

I've never seen a show where each guy was so obese. They are all in line for heart attacks and strokes. Also, Type 2 Diabetes.

I like the show though and I love Chum Lee. *He probably has the highest IQ of them all as good comedy requires brains.

Greg

I have noticed that offered prices have gone up since the first episodes. I assume History Channel told them to raise the prices on what deals they show on TV due to their low ball practices.

Really, only 2 kinds of people try to sell things to a pawn shop: the desperate and the ignorant. For the TV show I'll add one more kind: those wanting to be on TV.

Greg

I think it is funny and quirky.
The characters are just that 'characters'.
The obesity is bothersome and is seen a lot elsewhere.
The American Guns show shot at a gun shop in Colorado has a gunsmith that makes the Pawn Stars guys look skinny. Really, very sad.

Back