• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Latest better mouse trap attempt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...use beer coasters as ticking, the old thick ones." That is a great idea. I haven't seen one in quite a while. I've been using those veg. fiber wads.

anything over 1,200 fps leaves lead like the skid-marks in your undies after an all-you-can-eat chili and Buffalo wing weekend.
Aaaarrrrgggghh, Now that is one mental image that's gonna take a six-pack, and a half bottle of Scotch to get rid of :cry: :boohoo: :applause: :shake: :p :: :( Bill

I think you're on to something here. FWIW I think you came up with a pretty good solution to the knurling die. The bullets look great, but you probably shouldn't market them until you've looked into the applicable patents lol.

Good job. I'm still curious to know how they shoot though.

I think you're on to something here. FWIW I think you came up with a pretty good solution to the knurling die.

When rolling a ball/bullet under a file, the diameter of the projectile will increase slightly due to the displaced lead...

Check it out... :D

Greetings Rabbit03,

What are you doing and saying?

Here I leave town for three days, and you start telling the family secrets.

And I will have you know that last X you missed was not because of my "distract the nearest competitor lube" The HEAD RANGE OFFICER was watching me, so I loaded with my Teflon coated patch material.

I figured lettin my shot go with the muzzle 6 inches from your left ear would make you miss the paper, but you got that concentration factor down too good.

By the way, how is that ear? Has it stopped bleeding and ringing yet? I was only using 30 grains above my normal load of 130 grains of 3xfy.

Best regards and good shooting,

Joh L. Hinnant

If you are not an NRA Member, why not? I am carrying your load.

John hows it going? Did you get my message? I sent ck and form in to the club that runs Brady but no answer yet no cashed ck ( are they all still on the run over that.. ect) When is the next one? Not that Im any threat(unless I bonk someones head with that long barrel,already broke a lamp and spilled this and that,need to put a flag on the end. GMWW dont worry about getting sued, page 119 "ML Caplock Rifel" top row #8 the 55 cal Half-breed so called half round half cylindrical,100 year ago target bullet,I did about the same thing with a old REAL 50 leaveing just a hair of the bands it was a day I had nothing to do I guess. Fred

Funny you mentioned the REAL. I was thinking about running a few through the sizer as they don't shoot very well the way they are. How'd your shoot?

They have done ok for me, I use them in any rifle that is a 1x66 shooter. Tell you what Ill put the scope on the H+A and Mowrey and try to get you a did what at how far the next few days. ( Ive never tryed them as a bulls eye bullet. But for just shooting around and not wanting to load RBs they have worked fine,I had a guy use the 50 mowrey 2 yrs ago on a deer at about 60 yrds and it didnt get away from him (320 gr one and 100 grs of 3f). I use the 250 vs a RB.FW :results:

Back