• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Large volume water storage at events

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arizona Tea plastic containers, which are easy to use and ergonomically shaped. They are also sturdy. But: keep 'em covered, just like your cell phone and your medications.

Depends on how much you want to spend

1706271768110.png

5 gallon water buckets with the pop-on pop off lids work dandy. Get the blue ones to use for drinkable water and the green ones for River water for washing.

Def jugs are highly abundant at all the truck stops and when rinsed out they make dandy water jugs.

And these drugs are handy for some of the people who can't carry 5 gallons.

Plastic soda bottles converted to water bottles are also handy to have around, I have several hundred of them that I've removed the labels from and clean them all out and filled them with distilled water in our emergency water storage,
We have plastic milk crates full of them,
And carry one in the back of the wagon when we go to camp or traveling.

Attachments

• IMG_20240126_104026.jpg
    IMG_20240126_104026.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
'afternoon,

Love some of the more period ones (a 2-3 gallon wooden keg with stand and spigot is on the wish list), but honestly, I second the Arizona Tea jugs. I rarely need to take more than 2-3 gallons, and half of that goes to others in the unit that don't think to bring water.

Mike

I use a 5 gal. walmart water container covered with a canvas bag.
Same with my 1 gallon bright orange Tide container urinal, which is covered with a period-correct canvas drawstring bag. No way am I getting up and exiting my shelter in the middle of the night to take a leak, especially during winter camping when I would have to put on a pair of moccasins so that I could walk in the snow. Key word is "DEFARB".

Latest posts

Back