• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lancaster County Longrifles - Muddy Run PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I have some work obligations, but I will at least make it down to look around and visit the vendors. I live about 12 miles away as the crow flies, in the shadow of Cresap's Fort.

Sad to say, I'm still not sure! I want to go down to camp, but may only make it down for a visit. work and schedule is mighty iffy right now!

The Wife & I were supposed to be "cat sitting" for our son & his soon-to-be fiance, BUT the other set of parents got the cats for the weekend, so we got there on Friday around 5pm & our 1-Pole "loaner" was already set-up for us, complete with attached fly!

After feasting with a dozen or so regulars, we retired to a friends' camp across from ours at The Point, for additional merriment.

Saturday brought fine weather & BACON & eggs. Then 5 from our club (Garden State Black Powder Association) did the Woods-Walk. I ended-up coming in 3rd Place for Adult Mens' Division (missing a 3-way tie for 1st place by a single point) & our VP's Wife & Club Secretary placed 1st in the Ladies Division, winning a nice brand-new folding Camp Chair!

Later that day I entered the Clay Bird Competition with my 10 ga. SxS and tied the Match Director (7 for 10) who installed the bird thrower & set-up the course. Since he was prevented from entering the Competition (according to the LCL Rules), I was declared the Winner, lol! Paul, the MD, set-up a really high, fast crosser approx. 25 yards from the station. Birds had to fly over yer head & past you at 90* and then start to drop before you could lead them. It was a real challenge to say the least. I felt really good about tying the Match Director with those hard-to-hit crossers.

Saturday night's dinner was another Pot-Luck for our Club so I had donated (11) Pork Chops from the Hog I had harvested with my Colt Walker on January 25th in Bainbridge (near Harrisburg). Lots of other great food served as well, so we all filled-up & enjoyed the campfire til late in the mornin'.

That's my first time at Lancaster Rondy & hopefully not my last!

Dave

Back