• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kodiak .72 and Plug Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7142

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive been reading up on this beast and many articles mention replacing the plugs to accept musket caps. Does anyone know where to get such things and how easy it is to put them on? Looking for any helpful info....

THANKS~

in my .72 Kodiak i have been using Blomquist musket nipples. i also file the nipple to the correct angle so the hammer strikes square. they are 1/4-28 thread and you will need the medium length.

certainly try bpwrl's suggestion, as he says it will cost only the price of a tin of caps. i will tell you what i found from years of ownership of the .72 Kodiak. musket caps and mag No.11's have about the same temperature but musket caps have over two times the hot gas volume. there is no comparision to the ignition time in my rifle. musket caps make my rifle go off instantly while both types of No.11's have a tiny hang fire. i also chronograghed the same load with No.11's vs. musket caps and the musket cap ignited load is 90-110 fps faster everytime. this seems to indicate a better more complete burn.

Back