Quantcast

Kirbyville, TX Builder

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

BigSkyRambler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with a H.L. MILLER. from Kirbyville, TX? Picked up this Tennessee rifle at a gun show today for the princely sum of $100. I couldn't hand the money over fast enough. Pics later.

BigSkyRambler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
LOL!!! I just moments ago read Mr. Miller's obituary and watched the video. Not that it is funny, just a timely coincidence.

dave61965

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
LOL!!! I just moments ago read Mr. Miller's obituary and watched the video. Not that it is funny, just a timely coincidence.
I probably live forty miles from there and I haven’t heard of his gunsmithing but he could have been retired a long time also, but I figured a man that liked flintlocks and dachshunds must have been a hell of guy lol.

Treestalker

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Henry Leon Miller was the ML gunsmith who taught me to work on muzzleloading shotguns on weekends in his shop when I was in my twenties. Mr. Miller was very gifted in building, carving and engraving, and his standards of craftmanship were very high. I was sad to hear of his passing this year, and of his daughter Pat passing before him. I worked for perhaps a year off and on under his tutelage. His wife Judy and his daughters Pat and Sandra made me feel welcome and I miss that old German yelling at me, LOL! I know there is a great place in the hereafter for him and his. When I get there, if I do, I'll be expecting the fragrance of Half and Half pipe tobacco. His guns should be reverently preserved. They represent the very best a common man with true talent can do.

lbtresident

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I probably live forty miles from there and I haven’t heard of his gunsmithing but he could have been retired a long time also, but I figured a man that liked flintlocks and dachshunds must have been a hell of guy lol.
right on dave, Where r u at, im from LaBelle, Fannett area, good to see someone close by. Hope your having an awesome evening.

lbtresident

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Henry Leon Miller was the ML gunsmith who taught me to work on muzzleloading shotguns on weekends in his shop when I was in my twenties. Mr. Miller was very gifted in building, carving and engraving, and his standards of craftmanship were very high. I was sad to hear of his passing this year, and of his daughter Pat passing before him. I worked for perhaps a year off and on under his tutelage. His wife Judy and his daughters Pat and Sandra made me feel welcome and I miss that old German yelling at me, LOL! I know there is a great place in the hereafter for him and his. When I get there, if I do, I'll be expecting the fragrance of Half and Half pipe tobacco. His guns should be reverently preserved. They represent the very best a common man with true talent can do.
Awesome words treestalker, ironic, Im trying to work on a beretta o/u tricentennial and would like to be your neighbor, lol. Lloyd from LaBelle

lbtresident

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, awesome, awesome, solid post

Latest posts