• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

KIK Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or Kannon Igniting Kernels. Seriously though, I am curious about any brand of powder as long as it's real black powder. Always lookin' fer the best prices and best quality.
:hmm:

Here is their ph# 877-833-1799 call and ask them what it stands for and where it is made at.

Woody

I'm not interested in what KIK stands for or where it's made. I was just wondering if any one out there likes the way it shoots.

Here is their ph# 877-833-1799 call and ask them what it stands for and where it is made at.

Woody

Found an outfit in Alaska selling the stuff. It is blackpowder manufactured from a mill in Slovenia that has been in constant operation since 1852. They had done some comparison shoots with Goex, KIK, and Elephant powder with a number of rifles and guns through a chronograph. Was a small sample and the identical loads by volume were used for each gun (load varied by bore size but was the same volume of each powder). You can read the comparison HERE.

KIK consistently had the highest fps. A note on the site said that "Due to world events, imports of KIK brand black powder have been discontinued. Availability is limited to the stock on hand." So, doesn't sound like it's in continuous operation anymore.

knife river rick- here is a comparison KIK and GOEX www.northwestcompany/coparison.htm. All I have ever heard is that production of KIK is some what spotty, Powder Inc. I think has some for around $9.83 a lb. Hope this helps...Respectfully Montanadan

I picked up a can of it from a guy who was getting rid of everything.It shoots very well,it does "kick" more than Goex but othewise seemed about the same.Its made in Slovenia.The powder was 2f.What kik means?I dunno I guess acronym for mfg.

Aw, those who control us probably won't let them send any here because they won't put those tag things in it so they can tell who blew what up. Here we find a company that's been around a long time and apparently makes a good product and we can't use it. Over there, they have the powder and they can't hardly own a gun. Makes a lot of sense don't it?
:: :boohoo: ::

Been using it for a couple of years with good results. It burns clean.

I was mixing Goex 2f and 3f before. Kik 2f seems to be right with that mixture for pressure and velocity.

Our club buys it in 25 pound lots. I think the last case was $8.40 a pound.

The cans are date stamped 00 04. I think that their production was interupted by the unrest around Bosnia but I have seen somewhere, I think it was on powderinc's website, that new powder is coming into the US.

Written on the side of the can:
Kemijska
Industrija
KAMNIK

Manufactured since 1852
Distributed by GOEX

(Plus a bunch of the standard lawyer talk)

bearbeater - I don't reckon the Slovenians got a monopoly going! I'm gonna have to try some of that powder just for kiks.

Regards, sse

I tried KIK a couple of years ago. I found that the FFG KIK was equal to FFFG Goex. Used the same volumn of the KIK as the Goex. The FFFG KIK was to hot for anything I have except for pan primer. I was burning thru most of my patches. I do recommend the KIK FFG. It was clean burning, consistant and the price is right. I actually won a 200yd steel target match with it a couple of years ago. I bought 25lbs of the stuff and shot it all up in about 16 months. It also shot good in my TC Patriot pistol. :thumbsup: :results:

Back