• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's Longrifles new product announcement tomorrow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This all sounds flowery and nice, but there are VERY few that can pull off carving well. That is, at a high level can demonstrate the characteristics you mention. To be honest, most being done today has serious shortcomings. At least in my view.

I think the how this is accomplished influences the judgement in some. I for one, have never been one to get overly concerned about how something is made, but rather judge it on its own merits.
I agree 100%. Many people still complain about the lack of "hand fitting" done in todays modern firearms when todays CNC machines can make a piece so fine, with better tolerances, that no fitting is required etc. If these machines existed 100 yrs ago any reputable Gunsmith would have used them. IMHO

I’m wrapping up a Woodsrunner kit. (Pics in a couple of days.). I can’t say enough about the quality of this kit. I am not a carver. I wouldn’t even think of attempting it on my Woodsrunner! So the new model that Jim has presented is something that I am strongly considering.

I need to get some of that bourbon! Looking forward to seeing your new Woodsrunner!
Well, it seemed like a great idea at the time last night. But my Wife is really beside herself about it since I already have an unfinished one on the work bench. Hope the carved kit will be worth the penitence I have to make!

Well, it seemed like a great idea at the time last night. But my Wife is really beside herself about it since I already have an unfinished one on the work bench. Hope the carved kit will be worth the penitence I have to make!
You could always sell one… not that you will, but you could!

The first one is for practice so you get the carved one perfect.

I forsee some stuff hitting my gunshow table if I'm to own one of these before they kick dirt in my face. Another "thing I don't need", but by golly Don't want to miss the opportunity to own one while it can be done. Old guys know the feeling ....shoulda bought a corvette when they first came out kinda feeling. Same thing here ....limited production of classics made to order. Frankly, I don't see how Kibler, et. al. sells at the prices they do. Anyway ...

Late at night, tired, bourbon and temptation, what could possibly go wrong?

Finishing up my WoodsRunner as well, making a toe plate for it, then will be ready to finish...Planning to brown the barrel, still not sure if I will do the same with the lock, may just polish it up a bit and leave it as is...I'm also thinking of adding a leather strap or thong to help secure the sliding wood patch box lid, easy to see why so many originals were lost...

Latest posts

Back