• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's Hunting Pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, you think people are going to pay $155 for a kit when they can buy awesome completed bags for less than that. Blackposderbags.com has many options available and in my opinion they are way better than any kit could be.

Seriously, you think people are going to pay $155 for a kit when they can buy awesome completed bags for less than that. Blackposderbags.com has many options available and in my opinion they are way better than any kit could be.
Yes. The bags on that site are from "The Leatherman". There is nothing wrong with them per se. They are well made of good quality leather. But, they are "cookie cutter" products,,, each one very much the same as the next. And, they are not hand stitched, thus are not done with a proper saddle stitch.
If one buys the kit, they can make it more personalized and properly handle stitch it. And it will still be cheaper than buying an entire bend of leather and all the tools and thread needed to make a shot pouch.

I got mine from Jeff Po-Boy Luke, very happy with it ...

Attachments

• IMG_6885.jpeg
    IMG_6885.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
If it comes with the awl shown in the picture it is an even better deal.

I notice the leather stamped, "Kibler / Rogers". Does our man James Rogers @Capt. Jas. have something to do with this bag's creation? If so,,, even better.

Reactions: smo
Thanks, @Undertow . I appreciate the help, but my computer just won't open Mr. Kibler's website. It always gives me the Hmmm... Can't reach this page window. It does not give any indication of it being a dangerous website. It just won't open. Even if I type in the URL, or use a Google search.

It's not important. I was just curious.

Thanks for trying to help, though!

Notchy Bob

Where does the man find the time and energy? I get tired watching him from afar.

FWIW - I have always liked the Leatherman bags, but thought the Leatherman bag style leaned more towards 'maybe late AWI(??)' through 'Golden Age on into late 'RM fur trade' and up to 'pre ACW'.

It's seems harder to find early (F&IW and earlier) style bags that reflect a period correct trained leather tradesman. Most reflect a rather 'rustic artistic license', which is great if trying to reflect something 'owner made'.

Like the difference between something a bored soldier made, vs a professional horner.

The Kibler kit looks like it can be made into a high quality 'early bag'.

If it comes with the awl shown in the picture it is an even better deal.

I notice the leather stamped, "Kibler / Rogers". Does our man James Rogers @Capt. Jas. have something to do with this bag's creation? If so,,, even better.
Yes it comes with that stitching awl, stitching clamp, linen thread, beeswax, harness needles, dividers and a die forged iron buckle. The straps have already been edged and holes punched. The kit offers two main options of creating a flat sewn or a turned bag. Both have the option of using an internal back pocket and the flat sewn option also utilizes an internal divider. I will be adding instruction pages to my website very soon. They will be evolving as I have time to add to them. I will also be linking to some short YouTube videos showing some key construction elements.

Last edited:
There is not 155 dollars worth of value in that kit.

Mr. Kibler is a true genius and a visionary who puts out top shelf firearm kits.

Stick to selling great gun kits. Not leather bag kits.

Yes it comes with that stitching awl, stitching clamp, linen thread, beeswax, harness needles, dividers and a die forged iron buckle. The straps have already been edged and holes punched. The kit offers two main options of creating a flat sewn or a turned bag. Both have the option of using an internal back pocket and the flat sewn option also utilizes an internal divider. I will be adding instruction pages to my website very soon. They will be evolving as I have time to add to them. I will also be linking to some short YouTube videos showing some key construction elements.
Seems like a great start to me.

Thank you. I'm blown away that this kit includes tools, especially the stitching clamp. How many of us worked without one for years? I know when I finally got one I instantly wished I'd gotten it sooner.

Thank you for adding this information, @Capt. Jas.

This sounds like a great kit, especially with the inclusion of a professionally curated set of tools and then the supplemental videos online. Much more than just a pouch… This sounds like a way to provide not only the tools but the skills for additional leatherwork. Kind of like the old “give a man a fish versus teach him to fish” parable.

With all of that in consideration, this pouch kit sounds like a pretty good deal.

Notchy Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back