• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Kibler SMR 40 cal. cherry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i built this gun about 2 months ago. it is stunning cherry. the metal is lightly fire blued. the lock was completely disassembled before the fire blue. the metal was greyed after. the stock was colored with LMF maple then nut brown then 3 coats of chambers followed by a 16-century recipe of clear sealant. i have shot this little rifle enough to zero it in then one shooting session, it is deadly accurate. 2,050 shipped and insured. i was going to keep this for me, but i am in the middle of another project so i will let it go. any questions just ask,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
cherry 2.jpg
cherry 3.jpg
cherry1.jpg
chery10.jpg
chery11.jpg
chery12.jpg
chery13.jpg
chery14.jpg
chery15.jpg
chery16.jpg

Last edited:
i built this gun about 2 months ago. it is stunning cherry. the metal is lightly fire blued. the lock was completely disassembled before the fire blue. the metal was greyed after. the stock was colored with LMF maple then nut brown then 3 coats of chambers followed by a 16-century recipe of clear sealant. i have shot this little rifle enough to zero it in then one shooting session, it is deadly accurate. 2,050 shipped and insured. i was going to keep this for me, but i am in the middle of another project so i will let it go. any questions just ask,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
View attachment 318645View attachment 318646View attachment 318649View attachment 318652View attachment 318654View attachment 318656View attachment 318658View attachment 318659View attachment 318660View attachment 318661

View attachment 318645View attachment 318646View attachment 318649View attachment 318652View attachment 318654View attachment 318656View attachment 318658View attachment 318659View attachment 318660View attachment 318661

thanks for the comments. when i bought this unique piece of cherry from Kibler, Brea that is the phone answer lady at Kibler and everything else i am sure, told me that to see this kind of flame in cherry was very unique. in fact, i will be sorry if somebody buys it, i will never see another like this. it really looks better in person than photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Great rifle l would keep it

Very nice !

Are you looking for an all-cash deal? Or. would you consider some some sort of trade?
cash is king! LOL, i thank you but no i can't think of any other gun that i would rather have than this one. like i said i have another project and need a little cash to fund it. if it wasn't for that i would keep it. thanks anyway.

mike

Peace! I had to ask :) Where can I get the 16-century clear sealant that you used? It brings the wood to life!! Also, where did you get your metal fire blued? Cost?
Cheers

well, i did the fire blue myself. i help if i can and tell what i do to my guns because others with way more knowledge than i will ever have, have helped me. you are correct the clear sealant makes a huge difference. you will have to forgive me on that, that is one thing i will not share, hope you understand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back