• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler side effect?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. You assume it would be easy for @James Kibler to just turn on the computer and punch out your gun. It’s not. TENS (it hundreds) OF HOURS of CAD drawing… making parts. Working out how to get the kit to work. For what? A few sales. You’re sounding so spoiled and unrealistic.
I have done CAD drawing. It is hundreds of hours, not tens. Don't forget the CAM part.

I being a lefty. Built and own two Kibler rifles. I plan to buy more as well. I need a SMR lol. Shoot them just fine what’s the difference as this to a double barrel flintlock? If you watch a lock go off in slow-mo it’s one heck of a show, I don’t think your eye being what maybe a half an inch closer will make up any difference. Simple solution eye protection just like BP Maniac recommends! Heck even if Jim offered a lefty today I’d probably still buy a right handed flinter, why? Simple. Resale will be 10x easier lol.

The title of this thread is the kibler side effect. As I stated I believe on the first page is the hobby builders that would guide me, build me a lefty firearm are going away as their market is drying up. I suck at building a gun and have no one in the area to mentor me. Thus for me I would like to attempt to build another rifle within my capabilities, say a kibler because of the ease of building and in my remaining lifetime. But as someone pointed out his rifles have cast off to assist righties thus making it uncomfortable for me to shoot and make me feel like I built or did something wrong. If I wanted to spend $10k on a rifle I can do that. just hire it out and wait three years. So why bother with a Kibler? A time period I may not see the end of. Because I would not achieve the goal of building a rifle for myself.

So why do you all not go back and complain about not enough caps? You might feel better that way. It is the same issue as you maybe aware. Telling a lefty to go away is much simpler for folks I guess. Mr. Kibler I again say good luck with your business and many successes to you and your family. You have created a great product in a niche market. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Make it $20,000 and I bet that 3 year wait gets a whole lot shorter.

Thanks everybody. I really do like you all. What hand you use makes no difference. Like others have mentioned, we're just trying to do the best we can with the resources we have. I'm sure you understand.

The support we receive is amazing and thank you all so much.

Jim
Like many other folks on the forum and muzzleloading community, I thank you for what you have done, what you are doing at the present, and what you'll be doing in the future.

You know what's best for your company. We want your business to succeed and thrive. We benefit from that in great way. A quality kit and other products. You look out for us also.

I wanted a Colonial Smoothbore Kit, I found a company that offered one, saved up the money, but by the time had the funds they didn't offer it in a kit, fully assembled only. The was more than double and a 2 1/2 year wait time.

Im glad it worked out that way. I kept seeing all of the positive posts on this forum about Kibler's Longrifles. I checked your site and my mind was made up. I purchased a Colonial .58 Smoothbore. Very pleased with it.
Every I show it to has a hard time believing it was plain maple. It's beautiful.

I'm waiting for my .32 SMR in walnut.
I'm truly looking forward to is arrival. After I assemble it I will start save for the next one. Woodsrunner or the long anticipated Fowler, not sure which one.
And I will get the Haw also if I'm able.

You'll never make everyone happy. There is a whole lot of us that are very happy.
Keep doing what your doing, and you are doing it.

Thanks to you and the Kibler Family.

Take Care Stay Safe.

I'll wager it's less than 11%.
Probably so since it meant a possible death sentence by burning or stoning for having one let alone making one to use. A minimum probably was a severe beating and banishment from the community.

Kinda like being a lefty on this site. Shunned.

Last edited:
Does anyone ever wonder WHY the " Other companies offer left hand kits...? If the percentage of customers are SO low...? It would be interesting to here their reasoning why they offer them...?
If it's not profitable why bother..? Just saying...

Does anyone ever wonder WHY the " Other companies offer left hand kits...? If the percentage of customers are SO low...? It would be interesting to here their reasoning why they offer them...?
I believe Jim is saying it wouldn't be profitable at this time. Let's hope for his continued success and growth, then it may happen. Makes sense to me.

Probably so since it meant a possible death sentence by burning or stoning for having one let alone making one to use. A minimum probably was a severe beating and banishment from the community.

Kinda like being a lefty on this site. Shunned.
I think that “shunned” is far more a reaction to attitude. Nothing to do with being left handed these days.

Different equipment, different business model. I have asked several custom builders about building me a lefty at the Freindship national shoot. One said he did not build them as his shop was not set up to build them. This is a true custom rifle maker. Hand made one of a kind maker. Each is different with their own requirements even down to a one off builder.

One item that will not get crossed off my bucket list I guess. Build or assemble my own rifle. On to thw next line item on the list.

Back