• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler side effect?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a hearty Thank You! from all of us that have bought one of your guns and will most likely buy again. Best wishes for your continued success.
Thank you. Any successfull business really is a two-way street. Over the years, we have been blown away by the support and business we have received. We have lots of plans to grow, increase offerings and quality. It's always a push and a battle, but that's what we do. Only time will tell where we end up.

I did not intend to imply that there was anything lacking in Kibler’s quality or faithfulness to originals. I just meant that there are limitations to CNC production - and those limitations are in the individual customizations.

For example, I did not find a left-hand option on Kibler’s website. That is not a defect. I am guessing it is just that to re-tool CNC for only a few left-hand orders is not economically prudent. The pantograph kits can more easily offer these custom features.

If the world of traditional muzzle loading was booming - there might be enough left-hand orders that retooling a CNC might makes economic sense, but the world of traditional muzzleloader is shrinking,

I did not intend to imply that there was anything lacking in Kibler’s quality or faithfulness to originals. I just meant that there are limitations to CNC production - and those limitations are in the individual customizations.

For example, I did not find a left-hand option on Kibler’s website. That is not a defect. I am guessing it is just that to re-tool CNC for only a few left-hand orders is not economically prudent. The pantograph kits can more easily offer these custom features.

If the world of traditional muzzle loading was booming - there might be enough left-hand orders that retooling a CNC might makes economic sense, but the world of traditional muzzleloader is shrinking,
It should just be matter of mirroring one axis for the stocks. No retooling needed. Then about the same for the locks plus maybe a fixture to hold the opposite hand plates. Really it is probably just a matter of demand. You figure if only one out of a hundred is left it’s hardly worth the effort. Sorry lefties. But that’s just reality. My wife is a lefty so I know the struggle that y’all go through. It’s just a right handed world I guess.

Yes, we just got a very expensive CNC machine set-up and running. Although very costly, it will pay for itself and makes complete business sense. This is a passion, but at the same time it is very much a business. You're right, expensive machines require lots of sales, which we are thankful to have. We started off as a mom and pop garage shop, but it is far from that now.
Hopefully that CNC will be pumping out Hawken rifles soon !?

It should just be matter of mirroring one axis for the stocks. No retooling needed. Then about the same for the locks plus maybe a fixture to hold the opposite hand plates. Really it is probably just a matter of demand. You figure if only one out of a hundred is left it’s hardly worth the effort. Sorry lefties. But that’s just reality. My wife is a lefty so I know the struggle that y’all go through. It’s just a right handed world I guess.
Ha! I've heard this many times. Unfortunately, there is more involved. We will offer a left-handed rifle someday, but it will probably be at least 5 years from now. As with any business we choose to work on the highest demand projects first as this generates more cashflow and allows for more business success and growth. One thing for sure, a growing business devours cash!

The fowler is coming along. Hopefully early next week I'll be running the first fully machined stock. From there, it will need to be refined and other parts will need programmed and made. New products take a LOT of time to develop and the process is very costly.

After the fowler we'll be working on a Hawken style rifle. If anyone has any questions about our business, what we do, how we started, or where we hope to go just ask!

Thanks,
Jim

Yes, we just got a very expensive CNC machine set-up and running. Although very costly, it will pay for itself and makes complete business sense. This is a passion, but at the same time it is very much a business. You're right, expensive machines require lots of sales, which we are thankful to have. We started off as a mom and pop garage shop, but it is far from that now.
My brother was an engineer and professor who among other subjects lectured on CNC equipment. We were in fact talking about you and your operation last night.
I own three of your muzzleloaders and although he is an avid gun collector he hasn't caught the bug as of yet, buy I am working on him.
Looking forward to your new fowler release!

After the fowler we'll be working on a Hawken style rifle.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="16075771" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/robert-redford-nod-nodding-jeremiah-johnson-agree-gif-16075771">Robert Redford Nod GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/robert+redford-gifs">Robert Redford GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

After the fowler we'll be working on a Hawken style rifle.

B5DBE245-C90C-44CD-AA35-7EBFE322953A.gif

I have a good friend who is left handed. His issue with locks available for left hand shooters don’t alway fit with the gun he wants. So he often uses RH locks

Ha! I've heard this many times. Unfortunately, there is more involved. We will offer a left-handed rifle someday, but it will probably be at least 5 years from now. As with any business we choose to work on the highest demand projects first as this generates more cashflow and allows for more business success and growth. One thing for sure, a growing business devours cash!

The fowler is coming along. Hopefully early next week I'll be running the first fully machined stock. From there, it will need to be refined and other parts will need programmed and made. New products take a LOT of time to develop and the process is very costly.

After the fowler we'll be working on a Hawken style rifle. If anyone has any questions about our business, what we do, how we started, or where we hope to go just ask!

Thanks,
Jim
Jim , will the Hawken style be a flint or percussion gun?

Jim , will the Hawken style be a flint or percussion gun?
That will be very interesting to find out. To the best of my limited knowledge it’s said that full stock, flintlock Hawkens were built early on, but no examples have survived that I know of. But I’m sure Jim has access to a lot of good information to make his decision.

This is my opinion solely. I am willing to wager that Pedersoli has an eye on Jim's operation for a couple of reasons. The first, it would reduce the manual labor required for their finished products. Reduced labor costs = increased profits. Secondly, it would reduce the complexity of their kit builds to increase sales versus, say Traditions or InvestArms.

Pedersoli has the technological prowess and engineers that could duplicate this in short order once the cooperate decision is made. As with anything, the hardest part is having the original idea. If you know that something has been done, the human mind will more easily duplicate it.
but there locks will never make the cut

That will be very interesting to find out. To the best of my limited knowledge it’s said that full stock, flintlock Hawkens were built early on, but no examples have survived that I know of. But I’m sure Jim has access to a lot of good information to make his decision.
I have heard of flint and full stock Hawken and as you say none are known to still exist.
Be interesting to see what style Jim goes with. He is a flint guy but not everyone has the patience to learn them.

I used to work in a shop with CNC machines. I also admit they were dinosaurs to what Jim is using. One thing I learned is when they got a blink in power outage. Everything was toast, like crash bang boom..
It's not as easy to program as most people think. Plus ours were the old reel to reel programming. Ha ha ha

Latest posts

Back