• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Lock Flint Size?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kibler makes two different locks. The smaller used in the SMR and the larger in the Colonial and Woodsrunner. The larger lock takes the 7/8" wide by 1" long flint. The Smaller SMR takes the 3/4" wide by 7/8" long flint.
He recommends both sizes, depending on the lock in question.
i use both sizes in my smr and they work equally well.

I think many of you are making more out of this than needs to be done. In my view it doesn't really mater much where the flint strikes, or if it skips some etc. As long as the flint is sharp these locks produce an abundance of sparks. Just take a video on a phone of snapping the lock and run it on slow motion and you'll see.

I think sometimes people latch onto some idea they have and don't want to let it go.
People read to many opinions on forums!
They also don't understand basic Muzzleloaders or shooting in general.
This can be seen by the repetition of questions after the Muzzleloader is purchased instead of prior.

Called Kibler and was advised WR 7/8 x 1. Alot of confusion here on this forum and another one. Alot of posters post the length x width such as for the WR, 1" x 7/8". Others post width x length 7/8" x 1". Everything I've ever read and understood it should be width x length, ie for the Kibler WR 7/8" x 1". Track of Wolf also shows them this way as do several other MZ loading sights that sell flints. Also called Track today and they advised they are expecting a large shipment of black English and amber French flints in around mid-September. Alot of sellers are out of stock of many of the popular sizes.

Back