• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Keys for Presentation Boxes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have two presentation boxes (one is for Colt) cap n ball pistols. Cannot find anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thank you for time and consideration.

P

Attachments

• 8F3FEDF4-E91F-459A-B354-008D7E32D932.jpeg
    8F3FEDF4-E91F-459A-B354-008D7E32D932.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 3416FE4D-767A-4B5C-9E22-B63511160759.jpeg
    3416FE4D-767A-4B5C-9E22-B63511160759.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 352ACC74-2D98-4757-BB33-D3BF2F05BBC8.jpeg
    352ACC74-2D98-4757-BB33-D3BF2F05BBC8.jpeg
    847.4 KB · Views: 0
Are they locked now? If so you might try to pick the lock or drill it our. If not buy a fancy has and a pad lock.

Have two presentation boxes (one is for Colt) cap n ball pistols. Cannot find anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thank you for time and consideration.

P
Unscrew the top portion of the lock and see if it will move left or right to unhook. If that don't work take all 4 screws out and replace the lock,OR learn how to pick the lock, OR get a key.
Larry

'morning,

If you have a local tobacco shop that sells humidors, maybe talk to them. I've found that a generic humidor key fits most of my modern presentation boxes. I may have a spare laying around - I'd have to check.

Mike

What looks like to me from the photos is that the locking mechanism is mounted outside the box, no in-letting. I would do as already suggested, remove the exterior mounting screws and simply take the lock off. You might find a key at a hobby shop. Rocker Wood Working has a bunch of those types of locks and things.

Are they locked now? If so you might try to pick the lock or drill it our. If not buy a fancy has and a pad lock.
Great idea. Yes, both are locked. One would work with your suggestion. However, lock number two (round one) provides no screws or access to removal.

Thank you for your consideration!

For what it's worth. Go to a musical instrument store and spend 2 bucks for a flat stamped guitar case key. Most of them use a 2 pin configuration, and that key will more than likely open your case. I could have them open in about 4 minutes. It ain't that hard. A bent paper clip WILL work! I own a lot of picks, tensioners and a slim Jim or two.:~))) All reminders of my mis-spent youth? :thumb::) I still pick locks just for fun.
Good luck:
Two Feathers

Thanks to all who responded, especially Mike. I picked one, and I dismantled the other.

Forum member,Mike, sent a key which opens the Colt presentation box. (Mike, I owe you. Thanks, again!) After long web search, finally found source of replacement lock and keys for second box.

Latest posts

Back