• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Karstaedt rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes huffman

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I was at a gun show a little earlier and seen a 45. cal flintlock rifle. It was in fairly decent shape.It was signed on the top of the barrel KARSTAEDT(the first name stated with a D, the flash on my phone messed up the picture).It had some relief carving, a patch box, and a single trigger. The swamped barrel had wedges instead pins. I was wondering if any one had ever heard of the builder and maybe find out the age of the gun. Thanks for any info

Thanks for looking. I had the same problem with my research too. I was thinking about buying it because it was reasonably priced but decided against it because we just had a baby two weeks ago. So i thought better to be safe than sorry, But it was a fairly good looking rifle. Once again thanks for researching for me. :hatsoff:

It depends on the way its spelled..Karstaedt comes up as german on a translator, but im from Norway, and it looks scandinavian to me. If the ae are kind of squashed into one letter,(an extra letter in the norwegian alphabet, pronounced uh) its prob scandinavian ( im on an american keyboard, and i dont know how to switch it)

Latest posts

Back