• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

just finished...Skinner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifeman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey fellers, just finished this one up. 4" blade 8" oa from 1065HC. It has cherry scales and a pewter ferrule. The blade and handle has been antiqued and is scary sharp.
Miss Tudy did one of her rawhide sheaths, with some tin cones and a few beads...Thanks for lookin and as always, comments are welcome...
Bud and Miss Tudy
brian3.jpg

brian2.jpg

brian5.jpg

Fantastic! My favorite skinner design. A top notch rig with the sheath! Question: Did you pour the ferrule? I need to learn how to do that.:thumbsup:

Thanks fellers for the kind words.
Messerist, yes it's poured. It's easy enough to do. Just wrap paper around the handle, melt the pewter and pour. If your knife has scales you have to drill small holes where they won't be seen so the pewter locks itself in. Then all you have to do is shape it with the handle. I've got another with a poured bolster that I'll post later this week...Bud

That is the ugliest thing that i have ever seen. I will do you a favor. send it to me and i will make sure on one ever sees it again. Just Kidding beautiful knife and as always miss trudy did a beautiful job on the sheath. keep up the great work

Very nice! :thumbsup: Good job antiqueing too. Does the bolster wrap all around the blade or does it end at the top and bottom?

GW

No, it ends at the top and bottom. Just drilled 2 small holes to lock it. I aint too big on notching the blade I think it compromises the quality.
To all the rest of y'all, thanks, we're humbled :bow: ...Bud & miss Tudy

Back