• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just because i wanted too 🙂

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, I didn't know for many years how much velocity was really lost in these snubbies and I own and shoot some of these models . Apparently the amount of power loss is not so obvious as one may think ! Did you know that they can give up 250-300 fps over a full barrel length? I had no idea it was that much and I would bet a Dr. Pepper most folks didn't know it either !
Still , I agree they look very neat, are interesting to see and are certainly far better protection than a sharp stick!

Last edited:
And ???? The ballistic coefficient of frozen jello shot is substantially different than that of a marshmallow combine that with the Coriolis Effect and basically none of this matters 😀 when a lead ball smacks ya in the Guillain-Mollaret triangle 🔺
spot on I like that come back. who cares if it is like shooting a DERINGER?

Here is another fun project.

I would never consider any black powder firearm for defense of my life. I have a concealed carry permit, but I carry something a hell of a lot more effective than one of these.View attachment 110099View attachment 110100View attachment 110101View attachment 110102View attachment 110103View attachment 110104View attachment 110105View attachment 110107View attachment 110108
the gadget that you use ti hold the loading lever in the gun is so simple, who would have ever thought of that? you of course. it is the cats a$$!!! I like it!

Here is another fun project.

I would never consider any black powder firearm for defense of my life. I have a concealed carry permit, but I carry something a hell of a lot more effective than one of these.View attachment 110099View attachment 110100View attachment 110101View attachment 110102View attachment 110103View attachment 110104View attachment 110105View attachment 110107View attachment 110108
what would be the more effective one that you carry be? just courious?

Huh, I didn't know for many years how much velocity was really lost in these snubbies and I own and shoot some of these models . Apparently the amount of power loss is not so obvious as one may think ! Did you know that they can give up 250-300 fps over a full barrel length? I had no idea it was that much and I would bet a Dr. Pepper most folks didn't know it either !
Still , I agree they look very neat, are interesting to see and are certainly far better protection than a sharp stick!
That's awesome 👍, thank you very much for the data.
maasai+lion+hunting.jpg

BP Ballistics:
Poncho did a study using his revolvers and a chrony. Ya might want to look for his stuff here. Black Powder Ballistics

I'm not seeing the velocity drop from 5.5" bbl to a 3" above. Like a RB is only going 250fps in a 44-
The critique was they are very cool and interesting to look at. Information about them was amount of velocity loss. Full length meant 8 inch barrels.

Back