• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just because i wanted too 🙂

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewalker

40 Cal
Reaction score
And yup glad I did, it's fun and carrys well. Chose to leave a partial charging handle it requires a bit more effort but still functional for loading.
1639839606076942024056982465938.jpg

Last edited:
And yup glad I did, it's fun and carrys well. Chose to leave a partial charging handle it requires a bit more effort but still functional for loading.
Cool looking gun but you should know that the velocity loss of cutting the barrel back from its full length makes them ruffly a third less powerful and with a ball they don't have all that much to begin with. It relegates them to a Darrenger class defensive weapon.

Cool looking gun but you should know that the velocity loss of cutting the barrel back from its full length makes them ruffly a third less powerful and with a ball they don't have all that much to begin with. It relegates them to a Darrenger class defensive weapon.
And ???? The ballistic coefficient of frozen jello shot is substantially different than that of a marshmallow combine that with the Coriolis Effect and basically none of this matters 😀 when a lead ball smacks ya in the Guillain-Mollaret triangle 🔺

FR49488_full_1.jpg
has arrived

Great job, I think il add a front sight in near future.

That was the first black powder gun I ever owned. I got it cheap ($90 about 10 years ago) because someone had previously messed up the barrel. There was nothing to lose, so I really shortened it!

How are you holding the loading lever in place? A latch of some type?

Great job, I think il add a front sight in near future.

It wouldn't have to be fancy. You could chuck a brass screw in a drill, file off the threads, trim it to slightly longer than you need, drill a shallow blind hole in the end of your barrel and solder it into place if you wanted to keep things really simple.

edit to add: I made the front sight for my shortened Walker barrel out of a discarded brass plumbing fitting.

Last edited:
Looks like he cut the hook off, removed the screw eye & uses it to hold his loading lever in place to load it.

That is it exactly! I considered using a spike, but I looked through my spare parts bins and found this screen door hook whose shaft that was the same diameter as the hole in the loading lever. I then drilled out the threads in the loading lever to allow the shaft to slide in.

BTW the screen door hardware is galvanized; for some reason it looks blued in the photograph, but it isn't.

Latest posts

Back