• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jukar Handgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TFoley, I finally found where it says; "Contains petroleum distillates, and chlorinated solvents.
Mule

My own experience shooting revolvers and so on is NOT to use anything that has a petroleum-based content. I tried it out when I lived in Berlin and was the only person shooting BP, and even THAT with Pyrodex - no BP in Berlin, a demilitarised city ,but that was about 40 years ago.

Not tried them since.

YMMD.

I've used gun oils for allot of years and never had a problem. I don't use them when shooting but after cleaning.

Oil on the moving parts is not the problem - it's the use of petroleum-based products in direct contact with the flame - the grease on the arbour or in front of the bullets on a revolver, for instance.

OIL is cheaper than buying parts. that has been true for years & still rings true. there is a reason why it was invented!

OIL HAS LUBRICATED THE WORLD, & WILL CONTINUE TOO DO SO, at least till the POWERS TO BE GO GREEN! THEN THE END DOTH COMMOTH!

Oil will be with us for a long time. As time goes by other sources of renewable energy will come to the fore and become dominant to replace it in the same way internal combustion replaced the horse and steam engines. I'm not afraid of that.

I have another question.
Is there a way to keep the nipple from becoming almost impossible, or impossible, to remove?

After polishing the mechanisms of the weapon I use the same grease that I lubricate the chassis of the old pick up truck. Never have I put a petro product in contact of powder combustion, it will cake like piston carbon.

I will measure my ramrod when I get home, probably a week from now. I'll let you know the diameter if no one else has reported. In the mean time, if you want to shoot it, anything that will fit down the bore will work for loading. Like the top section of a 3 piece shotgun cleaning rod - the end with the handle.

Please do.

This response is to everyone who responded to my post.
Thanks a bunch, Y'all have helped me immensely.
I have two BP rifles, three revolvers, two more colonial pistols (one is flint lock) and a snake eyes derringer.
I have never shot any of them, because of a lack of knowledge. Even though I have probably watched most BP shooting and loading videos on YouTube.
I may get bold soon and shoot this Jukar Colinial Pistol.

Many Thanks, again.
Mule

This response is to everyone who responded to my post.
Thanks a bunch, Y'all have helped me immensely.
I have two BP rifles, three revolvers, two more colonial pistols (one is flint lock) and a snake eyes derringer.
I have never shot any of them, because of a lack of knowledge. Even though I have probably watched most BP shooting and loading videos on YouTube.
I may get bold soon and shoot this Jukar Colinial Pistol.

Many Thanks, again.
Mule

I know how you feel. My wife bought me a TC Hawken for Christmas one year. It was a kit gun that was missing the instruction sheet and book. It took me all of 6 months to build it. Once done i put in the gun case and did not touch it for 10 years. One day a friend saw it and said lets go shoot it. I said a 50 cal will kick like hell. He knew better. We did shoot it. That was in the 80's. I been hooked ever since. Nike' has a saying , " JUST DO IT ". By the way i still have the Hawken and about 20 others. Pistols, revolvers, inlines, side locks, you name it i probably have had it at one time.

DL

Back