• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

juggchoking on a lathe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Hay guys now that turkey season is over for me I want to send my barrel off to be jugged profesionally to modified who does that?
Also I was using lead shot that sportsmans warehouse sells ( #6) that leaded my barrel horribly. I cleaned and lubbed between shots. I know it's the shot because I have used other shot that diden't lead at all.
Who makes the best shot in your opion for smoothies.
Thanks guys I realy have learned a lot in the short time I have been on this forum
:thumbsup:

All lead pellets are going to rub off lead on your barrel, Unless you protect the barrel with some kind of a shot collar, and wad. You can make them of paper, or you can use plastic and buy them. You can also use plated shot, but on the long barrels you are going to rub through the plating before the pellets exit. Use nickel plated shot for hunting. It is expensive, but if you limit your use to load developement, and then to just hunting, a 11 pound bag of nickel plated shot from Ballistics Products, for instance, will last you many years.

Check them out on the Links.

thanks Paul,
I will do a little resurch on ballistics products.
I don't want to use plastic in my fowler.
Weird that CoyoteJoe's shot diden't foul my barrel but the shot I got from sportsmans warehouse was horrible.
anybody want to buy 25lbs of #6 and #4 :rotf:
ohya where are the links?

Sell that shot to any trapshooter in our area. I am sure they will be happy to use it. Same for skeet shooters. These guys reload hundreds of rounds a week to be able to practice and then shoot registered events on weekends. Some use new shells for the registered shoots: Some clubs require you to use new ammo. But everyone reloads for practice, unless they own a bank!

paulvallandigham said:
Sell that shot to any trapshooter in our area. I am sure they will be happy to use it. Same for skeet shooters. These guys reload hundreds of rounds a week to be able to practice and then shoot registered events on weekends. Some use new shells for the registered shoots: Some clubs require you to use new ammo. But everyone reloads for practice, unless they own a bank!

True, but most that do any serious shooting use magnum or hard shot. It breaks the birds better.

I bought copper plated #6s at Gander Mountain. I have had no leading problen with it or some of the Magnum shot.

Nitro wad/lubed and cut fiber wad/shot/over card.

I lube the fiber wads with a 50/50 mix of mineral spirits and veggie oil. WORKS GREAT!

In my reasearch of jugged chokes, some of the old timers made a single blade cutter and turned it by hand. I am designing one for my 7ga. 4or5 sets of brake hones and I only have .005 choke.

WADR, BS, soft shot is all that is needed to hit targets at 22 yds, the maximum distance a target will be in Skeet shooting. Some reloaders to load magnum shot, but many will welcome the cheaper costs of the soft shot. I would not hestitate to use it for 16 yd. targets in Trap, or for the shorter stations at Sporting Clays. Soft shot would be perfect for the Quail Walk at Friendship, too. IF I lived in Quail country, I would keep the shot, and use it hunting the tiny birds.

Back