• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jim Kibler posting some videos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For us complete newbies, Jim Kibler is posting some great video's of assembly and fitting of his new kits. Real helpful to us. So many here are very accomplished, and don't need this type help, but great for me.

Jim's video #1

Doc

I thought he did very well considering it was all ad lib with no editing.

I had my granddaughter shoot one of me explaining the bow tillering tool I invented. I am sure glad she had editing skills because it is easy to get tongue tied while you are explaining things in front of a camera.

Even with a lot of editing my video looks a bit amateurish.

"I thought he did very well considering it was all ad lib with no editing."

I agree and I picked up a lot from the 2 I watched. What I noticed were little things like not laying out all the tools before begining, having to answer the phone a couple of times, the barking 3 legged dog, etc.. When I started teaching in one of the courses I took we were taped (VHS) giving a brief presentation. I gave mine and thought it was quite good till I saw it from a classroom desk. The mistakes I made were simple ones and most everyone did the same but it's amazing how unpolished a camera can make you look. :grin:

I recomend his videos and the best one was inletting the breech & tang on one of his Colonial Rifle kits. It showed just how little hand work it took to do the job.

I bought my very first kit from Jim at the CLA. I've never built a gun before. Motorcycles, many...guns, never. Those videos have been priceless to me. I don't care about the video quality, Jim's quality of teaching is very good. I'm nearing completion of the initial assembly of my .58 Colonial.

I sometimes run them at 2X speed and low video quality when I watch them for the second or third time. I watched them ahead of building, took notes, and got the right tools that Jim mentioned before moving forward. I'd never of thought of many of those tips on my own, like flipping it and tapping the buttstock to loosen the barrel. I'd probably have broken something.

I've learned an enormous amount from those videos...and if you're reading this, Jim, THANK YOU!

Back