• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Java Man's gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

70 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, that's where ya been! nice work! gee that is PURDY! onlyiest bad thing i can see is...uh... javaman,that post is #1040.....roy must be thinkin taxes! $$$$ ah ooh! love the carvings! an the color okay, what's with the barrel? (muzzle) sorry gotta ask..remember this forum fer learnin! teach me roy! beautiful work! (hey swampy...that's one more out'a the way!) hehe thanx fer sharin Roy! RC

RC,

I asked Roy to do that to the muzzle. Borrowed off a pic Mr. Brooks posted.

Java Man

Okay javaman, it are a purdy gun fer you! now, (still learnin......well..) so that jes be fer lookin at...no technical aspect to it....right? hey if'n i don't ask.....asides that ole roy gets pretty tricky sometimes an now we gotta add mr. brooks in,there may be some wizardtry involve here..(gotta watch these guys all the time!) RC :winking:

Its a .54 cal Getz Barrel that I coned so the fancy filing has nothing to do with anything but looks the way it looks. :winking:

Now the ramrod is the cool thing its .495 at the large end of the flare instead of a straight 3/8's rod. :grin:

SEE! Itold ya gotta watch these guys...they purdy up the muzzle so ya DON'T pay attention to the trick ramrod!!!!!! pretty clever...OR they jes want ya ta think that and the muzzle cuttin actually increases the ball spin and the velocity makin the ball ..................yep! that's it! huh? :confused: :confused: :confused: :surrender: i had ta ask :shake: RC

I was a wondering about the muzzle myself. It sure looks pretty but was wondering about it catching and cutting patches at loading. Then he says it's coned, well that should make loading without catching the patch material easy. Makes sense and a good looking muzzle now.
Nice gun.
Fox :hatsoff:

I imagine I will need to use precut patches. And thumb start them rather easily. Then one short hard shove with the ramrod, followed by an easy push to the breech. I plan to try .535rb's and #40 drill to start.

Swamp Rat said:
See how he covers his self RC? Rifles - tacs, Smoothbores - really BIG pie plates!

Yeah big pie plates when your eyes are closed and when its 60 yds away... :winking: :haha:

ya gotta watch'em all the time! he could've been nice an said really small plates instead of tacks.like i said could'a been.......dang that was a BIG plate! gees! RC

Back