• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jacob's Redoubt Rondy may 2015

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargent

62 Cal.
Reaction score
wjfcm1.jpg

35j9mvq.jpg

2wnzgx2.jpg

VERY DISAPOINTED AT THE LACK OF COMMENTS AND VIEWS but only to be expected

Can't find a location for Jacob's Redoubt. Is it near Kittanning, or more east to Altoona or Huntingdon, PA.? I assume F&I War.

Looks like a good time was had by all. An organized group, or a collection of like-minded friends?

And did you get in front of the camera on any of those pics?

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Phil, another nice time out and about it looks to me. This is you in Australia, no? A pineapple ranch!? I don't think we have that many sheep in America... Hug the big white dog for me next time and please DON'T shoot him if he eats a loose chicken (though I'm sure he has better manners than to do that)...

Queensland?

My dumb! :redface: Googled "Jacob's Redoubt", and only found an F&I War account of a battle involving an Indian, Captain Jacobs, and Lt. Col. John Armstrong, at the Delaware town of
Kittanning, (PA). Jacobs was wounded while leaving his "redoubt".

The battle, though indecisive, caused the Delaware to abandon Kittanning.

BTW, Greene County, PA (south of Washington Co., to WV) was the sheep capital of the world at the turn of the last century.

YOU can hug the big white dog , he owns those sheep and kills dingos and wild dogs for entertainment .

Grumpa, nevertheless, that was actually a very important action you've inadvertently stumbled upon.

:thumbsup:

Back