• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I've caught Canadian geese fever!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk78

Southern Pride
Reaction score
I've never got into waterfowl, but after watching 12 Canadian geese (come a long distance in this very, very large field) come withing 25 yards of me, I've been re-visioning the experience with amazement and awe. I really believe my electric dove Mojo and 4 non-electric decoys lured them into my section because as soon as they past over my right shoulder they circled my Mojo and decoys before landing around 100 yards to my right. I also read today that these dove decoys "can" lure in geese. Then, another 30 or more came and landed with those geese. I have watched these geese come in and eat in this large field every morning that I have hunted it since the 5th. I have lifetime hunting access on this land, for dove hunting, and I am pretty sure the land owner will not mind if I goose hunt it as well. I am not sure how many acres this field is, but it has 5 large drainage canal ditches running parallel with at least 500 or 600 yards between them, and at least 1000 yards or more in length.
But, I am so interested in land hunting these geese that I am actually considering purchasing a life size 12 volt goose decoy with the flapping wings and 120 yard remote range,lol. It is funny what hunting fever does to men. The vegitation along the sides of these canals conceal me and my atv very well. As long as I have on my camo and throw my camo tarp out and around the front of my atv's front basket, I am good to go for dove or geese. I will ask the landowner though, before I invest the $200 in that decoy.

Back