• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is this shotgun a Mike Keller???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZFEED

40 Cal
Reaction score
So I'm looking through my stuff and I have a shotgun I picked up at an estate sale some years back marked M Keller.
Thing is this isn't a real contemporary at least I dont think. It has antique barrels and an old stock but the locks seem new. Silver band under the wedge too.
Its 29 gauge and in superb almost like new shape. Here are some pics....

Pics1

Attachments

• 20210118_214107.jpg
    20210118_214107.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210118_214123.jpg
    20210118_214123.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 113
So I'm looking through my stuff and I have a shotgun I picked up at an estate sale some years back marked M Keller.
Thing is this isn't a real contemporary at least I dont think. It has antique barrels and an old stock but the locks seem new. Silver band under the wedge too.
Its 29 gauge and in superb almost like new shape. Here are some pics....
Your pictures didn't show up.

There they are.

Someone's build could have been M Keller , built from a pair of breech loading Belgium shotgun barrels and plugged the furniture are modern castings and stocked with some type of wood . Most likely could be a shooter with a light load .
Feltwad

According to the DGW data, a 29g is probably going to be 28g. The figures off the barrels that you have yet to show us will give us the real skinny. Should be 13.0-ish - in millimetres, that is.

Hi,
Hi Keller is a modern builder from Washington state. Quite a few makers use old Belgian barrels, convert them to flint , and build doubles using them. The locks are L&R "Bailes" or small "Mantons", which are the locks most commonly used for this purpose because they are small and come in left and right versions. I am sure all of the hardware are modern castings. The case is a typical modern "TV dinner tray" style probably lined with felt.

dave

Back