• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is this possibly a joke?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I can add something to this topic. :grin:
Fresh out of a German forum...
And believe me folks - this guy meant it serious.
Just a rookie with no clue. :shake:

1009699.jpg

Now THAT'S DETERMINATION!!!

I can easily imagine his friends saying, "That sight is made for long distance shooting and was never intended for use on your roundball gun. It will NEVER work!"

To which the owner said, "Oh Yah? See? It does too work!"
:rotf:

I am sorry this does not count he has clearly crossed the line from determined to insane. :youcrazy: But he is my kind of crazy :grin:

He bought this sight. And also a tunnel-frontsight.
Installed all at once and then asked in the forum about how to sight the rifle in now. :hmm:
And if it could be possible that the vernier is too high up.. :idunno:
He got a few good tips and one wasn´t thinking much, he answered: You need to get the frontsight up or the vernier down.
Well, the rookie considered "vernier down" to be the cheaper solution. :doh: :rotf:

Meanwhile he filled it up! With that synthetic wood-filler stuff. :shake: And covered all with a brass plate.
So now the vernier sight (the last thing that was worth something on this piece of art) is gone too - you´ll never get it out again..
He gets good tipps, but he´s absolutely advice-resistant. :dead:

From the ad on this rifle, addressing those of us who are not familiar with muzzleloader constuction, yeah "constuction" a whole lot of "stuction" going on there:

"Given an email i received, i thought i should make note to those unfamiliar with muzzleloader constuction, the holes in the stock are there for a reason... lol. Also, i took this gun to the firing range as of fri dec 04 09, and it shoots great! The shipping will probably be around $25 Thank you for looking!""

My favorite feature of this firearm is the way the barrel slowly, gradually works it's way out of the stock going from the breech forward. Something you just don't see very often. It is "unique".

It does come with "1 flint", probably still in the Zippo package. :surrender:

-----the percussion with the peep sight--anyone notice the nut and washer on the nipple drum ??-----WHAT IS THIS-----

Zonie said:
Now THAT'S DETERMINATION!!!

I can easily imagine his friends saying, "That sight is made for long distance shooting and was never intended for use on your roundball gun. It will NEVER work!"

To which the owner said, "Oh Yah? See? It does too work!"
:rotf:

Kind of takes, "Hold my beer and watch this" to a new level.

RDE

The drum and bolt.

I'm guessing, probably a hollow shoulder screw through the drum, that screws into the 1/4-28 hole or whatever. Then a hole to line up with the nipple. Like some pressure fittings use. Makes sense because the drum can be tightened at any angle. Obviously not historically correct though.

-Ron

Looks more like a "clean out screw", complete with a washer so's it doesn't seize up. :idunno:
Notice how big the Allen screw head is? Now that is a "clean out screw". All of Y'all cap shooters should be so conscious as to install a real he-man clean out screw, like this one. :rotf:

God bless

I had been figuring that this just had to be a joke. When I couldn't take it any more, I sent the "builder" a message through the auction site asking him flat out if it was in fact a joke. I go no response to the message...the auction ended...and he re-posted the "gun" with a price of $550 to start AGAIN.

That tells me that I probably offended the proud, first time (I hope) "builder". :idunno:

Hey I still got one I started at around 12-14 with nothing but pictures a wants. If'n I can lay hands on it Ill take a few pics amd postem.

runnball said:
Hey I still got one I started at around 12-14 with nothing but pictures a wants. If'n I can lay hands on it Ill take a few pics amd postem.

You are a brave man for offering to post those photos, in this group. :wink:

My first gun was so bad that I wouldn't dare post photos...and I still have most of the parts. :barf:

God bless

I'll post my first along with the second because it's the only pic I really have of it besides hunting pics.

A Don Stith 1792 parts set, was the first gun I ever built. The 1803 Harpers was the second one.

17921803.jpg

I dont know swampy, they look a little rough, they may not be safe to shoot! Tell ya what, send them to me and i will dispose of them for ya. :hmm:

Nice guns :thumbsup:
What cal. is the Stith?

I admit they are a little rough. The Stith was a special order Rayl swamped .54 cal.

My third built for a lefty wasn't as rough. :grin:

jephrifle37.jpg

Nice! :thumbsup:
P.S. It would look better if the lock was on the correct side :shocked2: :v

Latest posts

Back