• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is this possibly a joke?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forum doesn't allow links to auctions on Gunbroker or other auction sites.

You can go to Gunbroker and do a search for Item=148797963 tho. That there is a classy one-of-a-kind custom rifle right there. :thumbsup: :wink:

.50 caliber The trigger guard, trigger, patchbox, buttplate, and ramrod pipes were hand forged by me. Most of the steel parts have been browned as well, as you can see. I also hand carved the stock as well from a rectangular plank; I removed as little wood from around the hand grip area as possible to make that area especially sturdy, hopefully that will help.

Now that there is some primo work! None of those old, slotted screws for that man. Good zinc plated Phillips head fasteners there. :hatsoff:

Sights on backwards (both front and rear) and the barrel nailed in place. It's GOTTA be a joke! Please, God, let it be a joke. :shocked2:

Anyone thinking Larry, Darrel and Darrel?
I have a hard time thinking anyone could seriously do that bad a job accidently. It looks like it was done on purpose. It HAS to be a joke!
And to ask that kind of money for it!
volatpluvia :surrender: :rotf:

It has to be a joke or maybe he just really proud of his first build..I cant see where he has 550.00 in parts and labor on the rifle

It's really too bad that Claude won't allow a direct link to this gun.

Here is an excellent example of what can happen if someone has a general idea of how things go together but no feeling for what makes a nice gun..

From the old gate hinge patchbox held on with three shiny plated Phillips head screws to the nails that are holding the barrel to "stock"it is apparent that the builder could stand some guidance.

The round head screw thru the barrel tang extending down inside the trigger guard 1/2 inch complete with a nice plated hex nut is just sad and the trigger looks like it could move a mountain without bending.

As near as I can see, the frizzen pivot screw doesn't go thru the bridle and the feather spring could support a horse.

I'm sure the guy who built it is quite proud of his workmanship but unless he gets some help I hope this is his last rifle project.

I find it odd, he obviously has read something about building these things. He should know better about a few things, especially the screws. If this is not a joke I almost think this guys referance has only been FireFox 5, I think that was the one that showed building a gun in the Ozarks. Because he should have learned more from any other gun building book normally used to build these things. :hmm:

pix598771625.jpg

pix598770609.jpg

pix598770421.jpg

hahah i was just showing the gf about this guy and his gun, i said whats wrong with these pictures. well i shure have trained her well, she would have spotted this a mile away for whats wrong.
Unreal, sadly ya this may be a first build for this guy, even more is that quite possibly someone might buy this. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm guessing by the two brass screws in the lock plate, thats all thats holding the lock in place. So I figure theres no side plate. :shocked2:

I really feel sorry for this guy. To put so much effort in to something only to get so much wrong is sad. :(

He could probably do a decent job if he only had a mentor. I also feel sorry for the person who gets the bid and thinks they have something special. Well, it is special...I guess.

Latest posts

Back