• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is it safe to use Pyrodex 30 in...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean B Kelly

Pilgrim
Reaction score
...a Traditions Pietta 1860 Colt Army Sheriff? The manual says recommended load is 25-35 grains. Pyrodex 30 is equivalent to 30 grains.
Thanks for your time.

The 30 grain Pyrodex pellets for revolvers? Yes, it's safe. If it's a brass frame, some say that load will eventually stretch the frame. For steel frame revolvers it's definitely fine.

I'm not a fan of the pellets. Not only are they expensive, you can't adjust the load up or down to find your most accurate charge.

The 30 grain Pyrodex pellets for revolvers? Yes, it's safe. If it's a brass frame, some say that load will eventually stretch the frame. For steel frame revolvers it's definitely fine.

I'm not a fan of the pellets. Not only are they expensive, you can't adjust the load up or down to find your most accurate charge.
Pyrodex Pellets and Power Belt bullets allow the average muzzleloader to not have to think at all.

Sad.

What weighs more?

30 grains of lead or 30 grains of feathers?
I would rather have 30 grains of feathers dropped on my head than 30 grains of lead. I believe the ballistic coefficient of each will make all the difference.

I have only used pyrodex 50 pellets in a break open T/C 50Cal. It used 205 primers and plastic sabots. That was before I went black and PRB! So I can't discuss that anymore. If that is your only option, a man needs to shoot as often as possible, so by all means shoot it.

Latest posts

Back