• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms recent quality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA lead

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello new guy here. Can any of you guys comment on the quality of recently produced Investarms flintlocks. Muzzloaders.com has a Bridger hawken that has caught my attention. Thanks in advance.

I don't know about their flintlock. They can't figure were to put the lock. Mine is too far forward the safety collar on the hammer is dead center of the nipple. I saw a picture of one on a forum just the opposite too far back.
If you buy one check it over real good. Personally I think their QC is nonexistent.

I recently purchased a RH and a LH percussinion Hawken. RH gun....mortise and inlet were full of chips and sawdust to where the lock would not function. After cleaning that up I had to adjust the triggers to get the set trigger to work and replace the front trigger adjustment screw. The screw on the gun was too short to do anything meaningful. Barrel had a 2017 production date and it came with a Beech rather than a walnut stock. Once I cleared the problems the gun shoots very well and I am happy with it. LH gun....I had to deepen the inlet on the lock to get a proper hammer hit on the nipple. Triggers were good, but as in the RH gun, I had to replace the front trigger adjustment screw. Mortise and inlets were clean. Gun had a 2022 barrel. I am also happy with this gun and both are identical shooters, very accurate.

I bought mine last year (.45 percussion), and the barrel has a 2022 engraving on it. Although fairly new and relatively inexperienced at this, I am very happy, finish and bluing are fine and there are nice touches such as a bevel to the inside of the muzzle. There do not appear to be any rough areas, and the set trigger works absolutely fine. The only problem I've had is a nipple which appears to be a bit - shall we say 'approximate'? and resulted in a few caps not igniting. I have rectified this, but that was my only issue with it. I am considering buying the flintlock version.

EDIT: After reading the original post properly, I realise that the question was about flintlocks, my gun being percussion. Ah well... too much Scotch, I reckon!

I recently bought a new Investarm left hand flintlock Hawken carbine. Fit and finish is pretty good with only minor inletting gaps around the lock and the butt plate. I have not fired it yet, but have dry-fired it to test the flint. It sparks well and the touch hole and liner placement is perfect. Only issue is that the frizzen slightly rubs the wood when it moves forward. Mine looks great and is exactly what I was looking for, but we'll see how it shoots this weekend. Not flawless, but mine is worth the money considering its one the least expensive rifles new rifles available.

If you buy one check it over real good. Personally I think their QC is nonexistent.
I bought their Gemmer .54 Flintlock rifle, but haven't shot it. I'll have to check it out.

I know 22 or 23 years ago I bought a Traditions flint and it sucked. It had the flash hole level with the bottom of the pan. It fires, but it hangs. So, Investarms isn't the only one.

Also, didn't Investarms have quality issues with their breech plugs? I heard that is why Lyman stepped away from them. Unfortunately, Lyman is out of the Rifle business.

I recently purchased a RH and a LH percussinion Hawken. RH gun....mortise and inlet were full of chips and sawdust to where the lock would not function. After cleaning that up I had to adjust the triggers to get the set trigger to work and replace the front trigger adjustment screw. The screw on the gun was too short to do anything meaningful. Barrel had a 2017 production date and it came with a Beech rather than a walnut stock. Once I cleared the problems the gun shoots very well and I am happy with it. LH gun....I had to deepen the inlet on the lock to get a proper hammer hit on the nipple. Triggers were good, but as in the RH gun, I had to replace the front trigger adjustment screw. Mortise and inlets were clean. Gun had a 2022 barrel. I am also happy with this gun and both are identical shooters, very accurate.
I'm a complete newbie, How do you know what year the barrel is, does it have the date on it? I just bought the Investarms Dixie Hawken 50cal Percussion, which is the 120B model from Dixie Gun Works. I got it in the mail yesterday but I haven't taken it out the box yet.

The Italian manufacturers are required to provide a proof test stamping with the date code. In recent years the date code is the year. There are tables that can be found in the General Information Forum's useful information thread which includes previous codes associated proof stamps.

No proof codes are stamped on US manufactured firearms.

I'm a complete newbie, How do you know what year the barrel is, does it have the date on it? I just bought the Investarms Dixie Hawken 50cal Percussion, which is the 120B model from Dixie Gun Works. I got it in the mail yesterday but I haven't taken it out the box yet.
Yes, the date should be stamped on the barrel. The older guns used codes to signify the year.

Back