• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Investarms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum but not new to muzzleloaders. Just wanted to hear if anyone has had any experience or opinions on the new Investarm muzzleloaders that muzzleloaders.com offers. What intrigued me was the left hand offerings. Thanks in advance

I was just looking at that site today. Investarms used to make Lyman guns before Pedersoli made them . The ones I saw today look just like my Lymans. They are considered a reliable, pretty accurate and mostly well built but not high end. I have multilple Lymans over the years and I would recommend the Investarms if their quality is the same.

I just bought a Investarms 50cal Percussion 120B Hawken Rifle from Dixie Gun Works. It's call the Dixie Hawken. I put it together about 10 minutes ago, I had to squeeze the barrel & stock extremely hard to get the retainer pin in, &
to finish getting it in all the way, I has to use a small rubber hammer. My problem is the rear set trigger, seems to always be set when I cock the hammer to full cock, & doesn't move at all. The front trigger pull is probably only 2lbs & is really nice. But Is this normal? Do I have to adjust the trigger screw, to get the rear set trigger, to work properly? . The gun is beautiful, & I really like the stock & everything else about it.

The screw in the bottom of the trigger plate does set the pull wgt of the triggers. I have two rifles that are set so light I never use the "set" trigger, the front trigger is very nice "unset".

I just bought a Investarms 50cal Percussion 120B Hawken Rifle from Dixie Gun Works. It's call the Dixie Hawken. I put it together about 10 minutes ago, I had to squeeze the barrel & stock extremely hard to get the retainer pin in, &
to finish getting it in all the way, I has to use a small rubber hammer. My problem is the rear set trigger, seems to always be set when I cock the hammer to full cock, & doesn't move at all. The front trigger pull is probably only 2lbs & is really nice. But Is this normal? Do I have to adjust the trigger screw, to get the rear set trigger, to work properly? . The gun is beautiful, & I really like the stock & everything else about it.
Your rear set trigger is not adjusted properly and they usually aren’t out of the box. Remove your trigger assembly. You will see a screw at the rear holding the flat spring down on the back of the set trigger. There is also a small screw that is adjusted from the bottom (outside) trigger plate that applies pressure to the bottom of the flat spring. Start by unscrewing the larger spring screw until the spring has some slight movement and the insure the small screw isn’t contacting the spring. Try your set trigger. Tighten the large screw a little at a time until your happy with the set trigger pull. Then fine tune the set trigger with the small screw, usually just a slight contact with the spring is needed. Now move to the front trigger. There is another small screw that adjust the break on the front trigger, it’s on the outside too just aft of the front trigger. With the assembly in your hands and the set trigger set, start screwing in the front trigger screw. As it contacts the trigger arm you can watch the arm move closer to the release catch. Keep screwing it in slowly until the trigger releases on its own. This is why you need to adjust the front trigger out of the stock so you can see how little contact is left with an extremely light pull. Unscrew the front trigger screw a couple of turns, reset the rear trigger, and only screw in the front trigger screw enough for a light, clean release. But not so light that there’s no safety margin against a hard bump causing the trigger to release on its own.

Your rear set trigger is not adjusted properly and they usually aren’t out of the box. Remove your trigger assembly. You will see a screw at the rear holding the flat spring down on the back of the set trigger. There is also a small screw that is adjusted from the bottom (outside) trigger plate that applies pressure to the bottom of the flat spring. Start by unscrewing the larger spring screw until the spring has some slight movement and the insure the small screw isn’t contacting the spring. Try your set trigger. Tighten the large screw a little at a time until your happy with the set trigger pull. Then fine tune the set trigger with the small screw, usually just a slight contact with the spring is needed. Now move to the front trigger. There is another small screw that adjust the break on the front trigger, it’s on the outside too just aft of the front trigger. With the assembly in your hands and the set trigger set, start screwing in the front trigger screw. As it contacts the trigger arm you can watch the arm move closer to the release catch. Keep screwing it in slowly until the trigger releases on its own. This is why you need to adjust the front trigger out of the stock so you can see how little contact is left with an extremely light pull. Unscrew the front trigger screw a couple of turns, reset the rear trigger, and only screw in the front trigger screw enough for a light, clean release. But not so light that there’s no safety margin against a hard bump causing the trigger to release on its own.
Thank you for the detailed explanation of how to fix my issue. I really appreciate it. I really like the front trigger pull the way it is, when I cock the hammer, the rear set trigger seems to be setting itself, when I cock it to full cock & my front trigger pull is about 1 & three quarters lbs, to 2lbs. Do you think it's safe to fire it the way it is, for the time being?

Thank you for the detailed explanation of how to fix my issue. I really appreciate it. I really like the front trigger pull the way it is, when I cock the hammer, the rear set trigger seems to be setting itself, when I cock it to full cock & my front trigger pull is about 1 & three quarters lbs, to 2lbs. Do you think it's safe to fire it the way it is, for the time being?
I wouldn’t use it that way. The sear is contacting the set trigger arm when you go to full cock. Your inviting an accidental discharge. Take your time and adjust as I described. Your not going to hurt anything doing that. And while you have it apart use a stone to polish the contact points of the sear and arm. In fact, you should polish all contact points.

Back