• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Information Request: Italian 1858 makers mark

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So......I have a bag of 1858 parts..... barrel says made in Italy....... but my google fu skills failed me in identifying the makers mark.

This mark looks like one of those clever 1970's vintage geometric symbols that can be viewed several ways.
At first glance it appears to be an "A" over an "M" but then its a triangle (pyramid) over M or maybe over up symbols, then I realize its one long unbroken line going right to left making turns and making triangles.
Below is a photo of the makers mark.

Looking for information..... likely from the older members who may know whose maker mark this is...
-Who is the maker
-When would it have been sold and who was the distributor
-Are parts pattern similar/close to any modern maker (Uberti? Pietta?) or maybe another maker?

I am thinking this is a rather ordinary and cheap Italian made replica where parts do not fit anything else I would never have been gifted them.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME Reading this and most especially if you have information.

IMG_2312.JPG

THANKS
Google Fu wat saying the Armi San Marcos Maker mark was a mark
In English language text that said "A. S. M."
I definitely prefer the English text maker mark they use is much more clear to recognize than the unbroken line with all the sharp turns as its is much easier to figure out and google can show you if you cannot figure it out.

As to the other part of my question....
.......do these ASM parts pattern fit or are close to any other 1858 manufacture parts?

THANKS
Google Fu wat saying the Armi San Marcos Maker mark was a mark
In English language text that said "A. S. M."
I definitely prefer the English text maker mark they use is much more clear to recognize than the unbroken line with all the sharp turns as its is much easier to figure out and google can show you if you cannot figure it out.

As to the other part of my question....
.......do these ASM parts pattern fit or are close to any other 1858 manufacture parts?
ASM marked their pistols with about a half a dozen different makers marks over the years.

Latest posts

Back