• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED In need of a few round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in need of a few round balls from .545 to .555 to slug the barrels on my Sharps rifles and carbines. My Shilohs are pretty consistent at .545 but I have a few Pedersolis and Garrett Sharps that I've not taken the time to slug yet. I suspect that the Pedersolis are close to .541 but the Garretts might be anyones guess. Since molds are hard to come by now that isn't going to work but I might be able to go the Cerasafe route and do a cast of the bores if the LRBs aren't available. Has anyone on the site ever used Cerasafe as an alternative to slugging a bore with a round ball? Thanks

I'm in need of a few round balls from .545 to .555 to slug the barrels on my Sharps rifles and carbines. My Shilohs are pretty consistent at .545 but I have a few Pedersolis and Garrett Sharps that I've not taken the time to slug yet. I suspect that the Pedersolis are close to .541 but the Garretts might be anyones guess. Since molds are hard to come by now that isn't going to work but I might be able to go the Cerasafe route and do a cast of the bores if the LRBs aren't available. Has anyone on the site ever used Cerasafe as an alternative to slugging a bore with a round ball? Thanks
I used cerrosafe to get a cast of the chamber of my Burnside. It’s a simple procedure for a breech loader. I made it about three inches long. It creates a perfect mold of the bore and start of the barrel.

steg49 is sending me a few .558 to check my Garrett Sharps but the other sizes might not work. If nothing turns up I'll order some Cerrosafe and go ahead and cast all of the chambers too. That way I can have a chamber and bore cast of all of the Sharps. If should work out really well when it comes time to order more of Charlie Hahn's tubes. Does the cerrosafe kit do just one chamber or is there enough to do more?

Latest posts

Back