• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Illinois ML Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the bucks I've seen appeared to be at least 3 1/2 years old. Most of the does are fully mature too. Not many youngsters.

The deer were out on my drive home from work this afternoon. Hopefully they will be out again tomorrow. Weather looks good. Not bitter cold and light winds from a good direction for one of my favorite spots to shoot a big buck from. I've got high hopes for tomorrow. :)

I hunted all day and didn't see a thing but squirrels until just as I was getting in the Jeep to go home. Two big deer ran across the field just as I was getting in. It was too dark and snowy and far to tell if they were bucks or does.
Maybe tomorrow...

I would have guessed the numbers lower than they are claiming. I haven't even been hearing many shots. Only heard one today.

The number of deer seems to be down in my area as well. (Macon co.) Talked to the local state park staff and they stated that only 3 does had been taken during the draw in archery season, before second gun season.

I hunted first morning Fri...didn't see anything or even hear a shot.

Probably go late this afternoon and see if I can catch one heading to a cut cornfield before dark.

I slept in Sunday morning but otherwise was out. 2 1/2 days and didn't hear a shot fired. Saw 2 young does Friday and one buck Saturday that I bumped before I saw him.

Latest posts

Back