• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'll bet 98% of you did not know this fact !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Knew that.
I had a direct ancestor on the Mayflower. Steven Hopkins. Years later, he owned a tavern in Plymouth Colony.
Tea also mentioned. Yesterday, December 16 was the 250 anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. It was the night of December 16, 1773 when a crowd of local residents, incised over oppressive taxes, raided three British merchant ships in Boston and threw more than 300 chests of tea into the harbor.
We (local DAR and SAR) had a little reenactment of that event here in Tennessee yesterday when we raided one of those three ships, the Dartmouth, and threw some tea into the Hiwassee River.
Here is a picture of the Dartmouth... (can you imagine the hardship of crossing the Atlantic in this thing?)
1702824545465.jpeg

Yep. Knew that.
I had a direct ancestor on the Mayflower. Steven Hopkins. Years later, he owned a tavern in Plymouth Colony.
Tea also mentioned. Yesterday, December 16 was the 250 anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. It was the night of December 16, 1773 when a crowd of local residents, incised over oppressive taxes, raided three British merchant ships in Boston and threw more than 300 chests of tea into the harbor.
We (local DAR and SAR) had a little reenactment of that event here in Tennessee yesterday when we raided one of those three ships, the Dartmouth, and threw some tea into the Hiwassee River.
Here is a picture of the Dartmouth... (can you imagine the hardship of crossing the Atlantic in this thing?)
View attachment 277176
Yep but you wouldn't have to shimmy very far up the mast to let loose the sheets.

Yep. Knew that.
View attachment 277176
If it is the sort of tea they use in America then the river is the best place for it. The worst thing about visiting the USA is being deprived of strong builders tea. The sort that can solve all ills. Legs shot off? Have a brew and you will feel better. Dying of the Lurgi? A good mug of tea will sort that out.

The English are anatomically different from the common people in possessing a tea gland. When topped up with constant strong tea it allows me the true sang froid that gives them the equanimity to withstand all troubles calmly, without distress or the hysterics of mere foreign johnnies.

God alone knows what the 1% of me that is Nigerian gives me though! Fortunately 1/3 of me is Moroccan so my genes combine the strong tea of the English with the benefits of regular mint tea. Builders tea with mint and milk?
John

If it is the sort of tea they use in America then the river is the best place for it. The worst thing about visiting the USA is being deprived of strong builders tea. The sort that can solve all ills. Legs shot off? Have a brew and you will feel better. Dying of the Lurgi? A good mug of tea will sort that out.

The English are anatomically different from the common people in possessing a tea gland. When topped up with constant strong tea it allows me the true sang froid that gives them the equanimity to withstand all troubles calmly, without distress or the hysterics of mere foreign johnnies.

God alone knows what the 1% of me that is Nigerian gives me though! Fortunately 1/3 of me is Moroccan so my genes combine the strong tea of the English with the benefits of regular mint tea. Builders tea with mint and milk?
John
Milk in tea? Just drink it straight with some honey or stevia and roll with it. Mushroom tea with mint is pretty tasty also. Cheers

Phil I am aligned with your thoughts. Even tried 2,3,4 teabags at a time, foreign, domestic....all tasted yuck. I'm more of a stiff Coffee, Scotch or Vodka fan...but stick to 1-2 fingers at a time.

I can't imagine those early settlers coming off a life-time of 100% beer/wine and never a taste of cool clear/clean water! And after a voyage across the big pond in a small rig packed stem to stern with other sick and dying folks......then starving and dodging arrows...really tough folks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back