• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I unloaded my GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had this loaded and in the gun room since before Thanksgiving. Decided to make it safe by firing today. Here is what you normally don’t see in a blink of an eye.

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpeg
    IMG_2966.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2967.jpeg
    IMG_2967.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2963.jpeg
    IMG_2963.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 0
More powder!🤣😁👍
I am a new BP shooter. The charge was 70grs of 3f behind a .54cal Hornady rb. Guessing the shorter barrel attributes to the muzzle blast?

Then again, most of this isn't seen by the human eye in real time it's not till you slow things down that you see what is actually happening.

I am a newbie black powder shooter. I had a live cap on the nipple that I couldn't get off and it just bugged me having it in that condition. I'll be hunting with it in a couple of weeks when ML season starts here.
I get caps stuck on the nipple from time to time.
I just use a small pocket knife to "peel" them off.

Latest posts

Back