• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I need some help here....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A .36 cal. Colt Navy(?), brass framed, round barrel. It's in a very nice presentation box with a powder flask and a bullet mold. Mold has cavities for a round ball and a "bullet" with one lubrication groove. It has never been fired. It was distributed by Westerner's Arms. We don't know who actually made the pistol but think it's Italian. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys....

A .36 cal. Colt Navy(?), brass framed, round barrel. It's in a very nice presentation box with a powder flask and a bullet mold. Mold has cavities for a round ball and a "bullet" with one lubrication groove. It has never been fired. It was distributed by Westerner's Arms. We don't know who actually made the pistol but think it's Italian. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys....
Westerner's Arms was a distributor for Uberti, an Italian manufacturer.

Pictures as requested.....

230721-001.jpg

230721-003.jpg

I'm not familiar with that particular version of what they're calling an 1851. But it's neat and if the price is right I'd buy it.
It is a copy of a Griswold and Gunnison Confederate revolver. Round barrel, unmarked cylinder, and brass frame in .36 caliber. 1970 manufacture date and Uberti made the Westerner's Arms pistols. Westerner's Arms (Uberti European distribution company) not to be confused with Western Arms out of Santa Fe, NM.

Last edited:
It is a copy of a Griswold and Gunnison Confederate revolver. Round barrel, unmarked cylinder, and brass frame in .36 caliber. 1970 manufacture date and Uberti made the Westerner's Arms pistols. Westerner's Arms not to be confused with Western Arms out of El Paso, Texas.
Thanks! You would have thought I would have caught that, sometimes the memory works, sometimes it doesn't.

This is very interesting, if you're into replica revolvers. Recently I came across an 1860 clone with a half fluted cylinder. It was made in the early 1970's and imported into the US. Markings are a bit faint, but have established it is a Uberti. Perhaps Italian manufacturers made a broader range of models back then, but have on;y stuck with the most popular ones. It would be interesting to know what other unique models are floating around out there.

This is very interesting, if you're into replica revolvers. Recently I came across an 1860 clone with a half fluted cylinder. It was made in the early 1970's and imported into the US. Markings are a bit faint, but have established it is a Uberti. Perhaps Italian manufacturers made a broader range of models back then, but have on;y stuck with the most popular ones. It would be interesting to know what other unique models are floating around out there.

Thanks but I have a 1860 Colt .44 cal. new model I put together from a kit.

There will probably be a Aldo Uberti logo on the revolver. Likely on the barrel above the wedge on the side not shown in the pictures.

Logo will look like the front of an octagon barrel with a " U " in it.
Is that what it is. I never knew what the squiggly lines around the U were.

Latest posts

Back