• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED I need some 50 cal and 40 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has these for sale let me know
You would be best helped with a new gun by getting 2 sizes in small quantity to try out.
Try .005 and .010 undersized balls with several different patch thicknesses before committing to a specific size.
What gun is this for? What is the rifling depth? What powder do you plan on using?
These are factors that will eventually decide what ball\patch size you really need.

If anyone has these for sale let me know

If you are looking for round balls, call Eddie May in Chatsworth, GA & get several sizes to try in your gun. After you decide what works for you in your gun, get a mold in that size & melt down any left over balls that are too big or too small.

If you are looking for round balls, call Eddie May in Chatsworth, GA & get several sizes to try in your gun. After you decide what works for you in your gun, get a mold in that size & melt down any left over balls that are too big or too small.
Thanks coot

Eddie is a great guy to work with. To me it only makes sense to try a couple of sizes - some bores are a bit bigger or smaller than advertised & some people like a really tight ball/patch combo & others prefer easier loading. See what you like in your gun.

Lead costs a lot to ship.
A mold is about $20, lead is a buck or so a pound. An old camp stove & fuel.
Way cheaper than shipping round balls.
Round ball is the easiest pill to cast.

i picked up a .395 4 cavity mould on e-bay last year for $35.00 for my flint lock 40 caliber. i find myself grabbing it over my other front loaders. The stories about how flint guns dont go off and all i have found to be b.s. but i am not shooting in the rain snow sleet etc. i would rather have a .390 mould.

"Lead costs a lot to ship."

Post Office has a box, IF IT FITS IT SHIPS for $8.50, it holds a whole lot of lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back