• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got my 8 bore Matchlock Musket!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teleoceras

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a package in the mail today from John Buck containing Brünhilda, my 8 bore or .83 Matchlock Musket. Built as a replica of an original musket from Suhl in 1571, she is only 11 lbs!

Brunhilda1.jpg

Brunhilda2.jpg

Brunhilda3.jpg

A video of me showing her off is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQFQEE-5loI

Hopefully if the weather is good this Saturday, I'll make a shooting video of her with her maiden shot. I'll finally be able to make my Part 3 of my muzzleloader evolution series. :redface:

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Wahkahchim:

Congratulations! How long did you wait? I like that .83 bore! Cavalry killer.

If you add on the time I originally ordered the musket from the fist builder, 10 1/2 years. I had a falling out with him though and the past 3 1/2 years was from John Buck. That was because of the custom barrel.

The weather forecast looks very good for this Saturday for the maiden shoot. :)

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

I just spoke with John tonight! My matchlock is in the pipeline, so seeing yours is quite inspirational! It's GREAT! I look forward to a shooting report.

Teleoceras and Wahkahchim: If you guys will stop ordering matchlocks, mabey John can finish my Portugese Escopeda!! :haha: I'm in his pipeline somewhere.

That is a really cool matchlock!! That HUGE ball. That is really going to be fun to shoot. Tes, pictures, by all means. Congratulations! Great looking gun. :hatsoff: Rick.

That was beautiful! I tried to post it to my Timewalker Guide Service page over on Facebook but it wouldn't link. When your neighboring shooter touches one off you can actually see your t-shirt move a minute amount from the shock wave. What was he shooting? Couldn't be bigger than yours! How many yards out was that target? Deer-worthy, I think!

Wahkahchim:

That was beautiful! I tried to post it to my Timewalker Guide Service page over on Facebook but it wouldn't link. When your neighboring shooter touches one off you can actually see your t-shirt move a minute amount from the shock wave. What was he shooting? Couldn't be bigger than yours! How many yards out was that target?

He was just shooting an AR-15 (.223) with a custom muzzle brake which hit me with the blast every time he shot it. It was incredibly distracting as I had to keep one hand on my musket to keep her from falling over. That was why it took me twice as long to load the second shot. :nono:

I was just shooting at 25 yards with a 130gr charge of Elephant Fg with a .800rb/.010 wonderlubed patch.

Good for you! Everyone to their own. I used to kill two deer and 4 pigs a year. Last pig was about 5 years ago...and I eat more and more salmon. Life goes on.

WOW! That's incredible! Absolutely beautiful weapon. That could make one heck of a varmit gun. :wink:

16gauge30.jpg

closeup30.jpg

Kit Ravenshear built this one for me in the '80's.

Sweet 16 gauge, 6.2 pounds. His standard catalogue item 'peasants' petronel and it was the cheapest item in his catalogue back then. $230 back them good ol' younger days :thumbsup: .

Back