• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got a patch stuck in barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scattershot said:
I always drill a hole in my ramrods so I can insert a nail or a piece of welding rod to give me a handle to pull on when that happens.

I filed grooves in the end of one of my ramrods, much like you see on a cleaning jag. I just tie some cordage to it with a prussic type knot....then I have something to hold onto or tie to a tree and give it a yank.....makes a great ramrod puller.

i dry balled my flintlock one time, i went to the hardware store and got some steel rod. i welded a sheet metal screw on one end and a T handle on the other, screwed into the lead ball, put the t handle between a v twin shaped tree and gave it a long steady pull.

You youngsters don't have enough experience for this sort of thing. You NEVER do something like that when the wife is home. :youcrazy: ....and when she does get home.....see above post.

MountainRanger said:
Blame the hole on moths, the dog or the cat! :haha:

Pete G is right, too...

and it's MOTHS

Giant, mutant, extraterrestrial MOTHS!!! (Good thing the dog chased them off while the cat incapacitated them with laser eyeball cat stare.

Back