• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I finally did it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TANSTAAFL said:
Shooting your ramrod is next on the list. Took me near 40 years, but I finally got around to the dirty deed awhile back. :redface:

That's one thing I haven't done yet. I've dryballed, double loaded, forgot to cock and every other thing I could do wrong but never shot a ramrod. Have seen it done a few times though.

Yup,
I've witnessed 2 ramrods in flight.Same Woodswalk target a year apart. :grin: One was a certain member on this here forum ,he lives just down the road from me a piece and Carves wood and makes Mighty nice powder horns.....But I won't say his name... :rotf: :rotf:
I dryload often...so that makes me real good at removing them.Sometimes I use that C02 thingy but most times I either pull the nipple or Vent liner and insert fine powder and Kapow out it goes....I find alot more powder has to be used in my flintlock(Patented Breach)Than caplocks to do the deed.

Halftail said:
Yup,
I've witnessed 2 ramrods in flight.Same Woodswalk target a year apart. :grin: One was a certain member on this here forum ,he lives just down the road from me a piece and Carves wood and makes Mighty nice powder horns.....But I won't say his name... :rotf: :rotf:
I dryload often...so that makes me real good at removing them.Sometimes I use that C02 thingy but most times I either pull the nipple or Vent liner and insert fine powder and Kapow out it goes....I find alot more powder has to be used in my flintlock(Patented Breach)Than caplocks to do the deed.

OH! Come on! tell us who it are! :rotf:

RC said:
Halftail said:
Yup,

Oh I just can't RC.....He's not anywhere near his Puter so it's wouldn't be fair... :blah: :rotf:

In 44 years of muzzleloading I've only dryballed once. I've never shot my ramrod at anything. I have pulled the wrong trigger (that front trigger doesn't "set" worth a damn) and I don't know how many times I've forgot powder. It's a terrible feeling when that ramrod goes WAY further down the barrel that it's supposed to. :doh: Of course this ony occurs when there is a large audience. :shake:

Halftail said:
RC said:
Oh I just can't RC.....He's not anywhere near his Puter so it's wouldn't be fair... :blah: :rotf:

I was reading all of this while eating my morning cereal and I got distracted, now my corn flakes are soggy. :grin:

Still, I wonder who Ol' Halftail is talkin' 'bout... :hmm:

Musketman said:
Halftail said:
RC said:

I was reading all of this while eating my morning cereal and I got distracted, now my corn flakes are soggy. :grin:

Musketman,
Only thing worse than Soggycornflakes is a Soggysleeping Bag.... :hmm: :wink:
Hopefully this thread will stay around till later this week when my buddy gets back home.

Halftail said:
Musketman said:
Halftail said:
RC said:

Musketman,
Hopefully this thread will stay around till later this week when my buddy gets back home.
:grin: .......I'm back !...... :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Soggy said:
Halftail said:
Musketman said:
Halftail said:
RC said:

Musketman,
:grin: .......I'm back !...... :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Where the heck is RC when ya need a Boost of Enthusiasm around here?I'll bet he is off shooting out his Ramrod or Dryloading... :grin: Wouldn't that be a Bugger if you dryloaded just before going Deer hunting and.......You know the rest. :wink: :hmm:

Some time ago this summer, I was explaining a new black powder shooter about dry loading... and that it was just a matter of time before he would do it... At the same time I was loading my flintlock... Then I suddenly discover to my dismay that I DOUBLE loaded my gun... :redface: :redface: :redface: :surrender: :cursing:
I will never forget the face of that new black powder shooter ... trying not to laugh for all he's worth! Anyway ... the CO2 thingy did it's job again... And I had a red face for at least two more days..... :barf:

Latest posts

Back