• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I earned me a camp name...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I earned me a name...

August 2023 Geezer Shoot. One target is a "running deer." This one was an outline of a deer painted on plywood, hung on a sloping rope line. Someone releases a line and the "deer" runs downhill as the shooter tries to hit it. Each shooter pulls it back uphill and releases it for the next guy.

I take my shot, then go over to run it. I pick up the rope, and start pulling. Remember I said it "runs" downhill? Pulling that sheet of plywood uphill takes a bit of effort, so I lean into the pull. Well, that old, wet, half-rotted rope was having none of that! It broke, sending me stumbling backwards.

Did I mention we were on a hill? As I stumble, I try to turn around, but the slope has me stumbling more and I can't regain my footing. I land on my left backside. All I could do was lay there and laugh...

As a couple of guys help me up, Nit Wit says, "We shall call you Tumbledown!" An apt name, for there are times I feel old and decrepit.

Don't think I ever received a "camp" name - which I take to be fortunate - but have been tagged with several others over the years. ;)

We were told by sergeants, while in the army, "never get mad when someone calls you a 'd#&!, an a-ho%$ or a ba%@*^!' because they may be right"! So I have always accepted and bowed out then and there with no reply.

We were told by sergeants, while in the army, "never get mad when someone calls you a 'd#&!, an a-ho%$ or a ba%@*^!' because they may be right"! So I have always accepted and bowed out then and there with no reply.
My anger button is bigger than yours. ;)

Latest posts

Back