• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting dogs and pets..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I got one.. a turkey..

I want to say that New englander was good..

To be honest no picture.. it's a small Jake.. but I'm happy fun..

The first bird I found today was big.. he circled around me gobble loud.. just out of sight.. he was calling me..

When he got around all the way.. I though I had him.. I was like he's make a mistake... he left me.. an hour of work and he gobbled away..

I relocate on him.. call.. he answered twice.. I've waited nothing...

Walking out I had a little time... I hit the mouth call and gobble.. so I sat down... call responses call responses wait. He came in...

Now.. the only thing working is the mouth calling... all my other calls for the past two years don't work. Never had that problem...

Usually I don't use the mouth I don't think I was that good... but I guess they like it..

I yelp with it good.. and then I cut like i don't use the words either but it's good... I ka ka kee kee ooooo oo oo type cut thing usually finish with a 3 4 yelps.

More or less I cut.. like up and down volume.. it's blowing letters and dropping your mouth to go high low...

If you f up the first note.. go with it.. it's fine.. add in the rest..

Even on a yelping sometimes the first note comes out funny and then you roll a yelping out.. it's OK they like it..

And I have no clue how this topic got labeled... hunting dogs and pets? I did not type that I think but I obviously did.. 🤔

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back