• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HSM/Black Hills Ammo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiG29

32 Cal
Reaction score
OK, it seems like HSM's 45-C-2-N would be what I need to shoot in my 1858 Remington (steel frame) Uberti with the conversion cylinder. "Round Nose-Flat Point Hard". 200gr @ 750fps.
Does this sound copacetic to you guys?
Thanks.

You could take your question to the CAS City Forum. The folks there know a lot about 19th century cartridge firearms and conversion cylinders for percussion revolvers. You might also contact @45D (a member of this forum) by private message. He is a first-rate gunsmith specializing in single-action revolvers, and he is familiar with conversion cylinders. However, the open forum here is strictly for traditional muzzleloaders.

I hope you find the answer you need. Safety first!

Notchy Bob

Please note that conversion cylinders, fixed ammo, are not allowable subjects here.

ADK Bigfoot
No one cares

Knowledge is more important than arbitrary parameters.

These arbitrary nonsense rules are the reason the head brass around here are always begging for money.

Oh contraire, mon ami. Some do care. I choose this site because it caters to the things I am interested in.
When I go to a pre-1840 rendezvous, I choose to not be immersed in Trap Doors, cartridge guns, gas lights, cell phones, and other "modern" stuff. It's a choice of the environment I wish to experience.

When I wish to immerse in in-lines, conversion cylinders, and other "unmentionables" I go to the sister site. When I want to immerse in semi's, hi-caps, night vision goggles, I go somewhere else.

If your local diner is only open for eggs and pancakes for breakfast, don't damn the owner because you can't get dinner entrees.

ADK Bigfoot

Back