• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How I spent my half of Income tax returns.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Filing on Feb. 1 speeds up the wait for refunds because they aren't busy as they are in April. State took 13 days, Federal took 10 days.

Midway Remington 1858 NMA Uberti $350 (now out of stock).
Old South Firearms Uberti 45 LC conversion cylinder $220 (now out of stock). (Old South still never charges sales tax for some reason).
EMF Captain Schaeffer '51 Navy Pietta $515 including sales tax and shipping. (Looked like a lot more in the cart, because it assumes you are buying a firearm.) A black powder gun is not a firearm in most States. So the shipping charged to the card the next day was $14 instead of $40. EMF always has done it that way on my orders.

Everything arrived here later in February (via UPS).

I did a similar thing with my half the big Covid relief bill 2 years ago. Thanks Joe, more guns for me!
smiley136.gif

Excellent way to use that money imho. I got one of those midway Remingtons myself(arrived today). I hope yours is as well finished as mine, it also shows signs of being an excellent shooter.

California Governor Newsom announced back in February 2022 a middle class inflation relief program of up to $1,050 to California families. But that the checks wouldn't start mailing out until late October. Right before election day.

Filing on Feb. 1 speeds up the wait for refunds because they aren't busy as they are in April. State took 13 days, Federal took 10 days.

Midway Remington 1858 NMA Uberti $350 (now out of stock).
Old South Firearms Uberti 45 LC conversion cylinder $220 (now out of stock). (Old South still never charges sales tax for some reason).
EMF Captain Schaeffer '51 Navy Pietta $515 including sales tax and shipping. (Looked like a lot more in the cart, because it assumes you are buying a firearm.) A black powder gun is not a firearm in most States. So the shipping charged to the card the next day was $14 instead of $40. EMF always has done it that way on my orders.

Everything arrived here later in February (via UPS).

I did a similar thing with my half the big Covid relief bill 2 years ago. Thanks Joe, more guns for me!
smiley136.gif
That Capt, Schaeffer is a great little fun. Very fancy and great fun to shoot. I drag mine out every so often because pretty as they are they are not safe queens.
Bunk

Well done sir. Tried talking to my Cheif Financial Officer about another muzzleloader but got that look, you know the one. Anyway I can't complain since I recently got a Pedersoli Scout .32 like 2 months ago. Always next year. Enjoy your new toys.

While not the main reason, but one of the primary reasons that I retired when I did was that I was sick to my stomach over being a dang tax cow for the government. It may not say much for my financial savvy, but I sleep much better getting by comfortably on a lot less and paying little or no taxes in retirement.

Latest posts

Back